All reviews room was clean front desk parking lot great amenities complimentary breakfast stayed one night very nice hotel hie pillows cork highway keurig ihg hallway
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is nothing to write home about. It's in a convenient location for travelers, right off I-94. But the rooms are basic. No great amenities. There is a pool and workout room, and a vey nice free breakfast.
I want to say that I've stayed here several times for business, and the only reason I go back is that the employees are super friendly. They give great recommendations for where to go in the area for dinner, and even look up addresses and give out delivery menus when we need to stay in to do work. They make the slightly mediocre rooms worth the stay. The rooms are clean, so the kudos to the cleaning staff!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
janplusthree, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

We love our guests at the Holiday Inn Express in Kalamazoo and look forward to seeing customers that have stayed with us before and our new to our hotel. We look forward to saying Welcome Back to you soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Decent but quite worn, considering the $140 price point. The facility was generally clean, but showed its age considerably. The TV was quite small and cheap.

The bathroom was most disappointing. In the morning, hot water service was between lukewarm and hot within a 20 minute shower. This is unacceptable. The bathtub spout was partially detached from the tub wall, the mixing valve had hot on wrong side (not that it mattered, since there was only warm water), and the tub drained slowly. This is below the bar.

Linens were clean and soft, and the pillows were very comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book odd rooms to stay away from freeway-facing side.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It was comfortable and clean.
Reasonable price. Close to the highway.
Only problem was that the pancake machine was broken but breakfast was ok. With the minimum of food.
Otherwise service was good. Had a great sleep.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

I am sorry our pancake machine was not working while you were here, I also love to watch the pancakes being made. Please join us again we would love to have you come back.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here quite a few times. The location is convenient to get places in the Kalamazoo area. The staff is always really nice and helpful. However, the place is showing its age. Our shower was barely operational. The woodwork was worn.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

We appreciate your comments and we have went into that room and made changes to the shower. We are also working on other elements to upgrade the hotel. I hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

My brother had emergency surgery in Kalamazoo Mi, after he was stable it was 11:00 pm, I called several hotels but no vacancies! Called Holiday Inn they were able to accommodate me! Front desk gal was great, room very clean and breakfast was good! Would definitely return!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

I am sorry that you were here because of an emergency, but delighted that you stayed with us. I hope you can join us again and enjoy the area.