All reviews room was clean front desk parking lot great amenities complimentary breakfast stayed one night very nice hotel hie pillows cork highway keurig ihg hallway
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It was comfortable and clean.
Reasonable price. Close to the highway.
Only problem was that the pancake machine was broken but breakfast was ok. With the minimum of food.
Otherwise service was good. Had a great sleep.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

I am sorry our pancake machine was not working while you were here, I also love to watch the pancakes being made. Please join us again we would love to have you come back.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here quite a few times. The location is convenient to get places in the Kalamazoo area. The staff is always really nice and helpful. However, the place is showing its age. Our shower was barely operational. The woodwork was worn.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

We appreciate your comments and we have went into that room and made changes to the shower. We are also working on other elements to upgrade the hotel. I hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

My brother had emergency surgery in Kalamazoo Mi, after he was stable it was 11:00 pm, I called several hotels but no vacancies! Called Holiday Inn they were able to accommodate me! Front desk gal was great, room very clean and breakfast was good! Would definitely return!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

I am sorry that you were here because of an emergency, but delighted that you stayed with us. I hope you can join us again and enjoy the area.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We were impressed by the very large rooms - well equipped, but they showed their age a little., and by the exceptionally efficient and friendly reception when we checked in. Free wi-fi that worked very well and a very satisfactory breakfast were added pluses.

We stay overnight in Kalamazoo every Thanksgiving. This was the first time at this hotel and we will certainly be back. Excellent value in all respects.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to I94 might be noisier, but we had no problem.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

We are delighted that you stayed with us while visiting in Kalamazoo MI. We look forward to seeing you next year and anytime in-between. Have a great Holiday Season and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I arrived late to the hotel the first night due to flight delay (approx.12 Midnight)). After entering the room it had a musty smell to it. In the morning, taking a shower the water was tepid at best. When I looked at the shower head it had black on most of it (did not know if it was mold or what). Then I looked inside the little refrigerator and the door seal had come off and there was water standing in the fridge, so that is where the musty smell was coming from. I contacted the front desk and the manager upgraded my room for the next two nights. The only other issues I had was that the wireless internet was sporadic and the heater and air conditioning unit was so close to the 2nd queen size bed that it made it too hot for the person sleeping in it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

My apologies for the problem that you encountered with your first room and letting us know, we did get the problem immediately fixed. I hope you enjoyed the suite, short of your shower head. I truly hope you stay with us again to see what an absolutely great hotel we are.