“80s band venue”

Ranked #288 of 367 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Wild Bull Saloon is an energetic night life and live music facility located directly behind Monaco Bay Dueling Piano Bar in the Entertainment District in Downtown Kalamazoo. Night life is king at Wild Bull Saloon and an assortment of entertainment and live music ranging from rock, pop, blues and country is presented on the state-of-the-art stage and dance floor. Open Thursday through Saturday, you don't want to miss the hottest excitement downtown. Don't forget to take a spin atop "En-Fuego", our mechanical bull while you're there!
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I've been here several times but it's been awhile up until last weekend. Went to see the Spazmatics, an 80s cover band from Chicago. Cover was reasonable at $10/ea. $5 to check a coat seemed steep and because of it I offered no tip. (as did my friends!).
They no longer serve any food there which was surprising to me because it was originally billed as a steakhouse when it first opened. They have made some changes to the building and have a nice outdoor area in back with a bar. Unfortunately it was scold evening and they kept the doors open the entire time which made it pretty cold to stand there and watch the band.

The band was great. The sound system in the place is HORRIBLE! The music and vocals all blended together and was so loud it was, at times, unrecognizable.

Bartenders were really nice. The one bar wasn't stocked real well and he apologized several times when I asked for beers he didn't have.

I really used to like this place. It's still a decent place and of course has the mechanical bull to ride but it just seems like they are not putting the money back into it. Sound system needs total upgrade.
Should probably have some late night food menu.

1  Thank Big-Mikey-K

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Features both large indoor and outdoor areas to socialize, large bars to order drinks, and large dance floor areas too. Music is a wide variety, probably due to the very diverse crowd they get there. Band was on stage early on, and was done by 11pm. good entertainment. Fun place.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

We stopped in to check this place out and it was packed with a well drunk college crowd. Not a place for a drink and conversation without yelling to be heard. Wait staff.. I thought was non existent so I went and waited in line at the bar then 20 minutes later we were asked if we would like a drink ( very crowded and busy). Sticky counter tops from spilled beer that wasn't cleaned. Drunken fools trying to ride the bull was interesting, the modern day music was very loud so if you would like a good understandable conversation Sign Language is best so we moved on. Just not my type of place to spend a night out at now, years back in my party college days chasing girls yes. If I were in my twenties I'd give this place 5 stars.

2  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I was there for NYE, so my visit may not have been typical...but I suspect it was. I thought it would be fun & funny to watch people fall off the bull while eating dinner. Instead it was drunk girls trying to be sexy & acting like they were getting off. Some wearing nothing under their skirts. WAY too sexual to be a fun dinner. Great for older single dudes looking to get turned on, I guess. Just gross for everyone else.

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Caution - security staff creates and enforces policies at their own discretion. Poor level of customer service. There are plenty of other places to have a good time and not be discriminated against. Spend your money and time elsewhere.

4  Thank KMAReese