“Nice view”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The kind of place to take your parents and/or grandparents for a nice meal. Kind of an old-school vibe. Been a few times and service is pretty good, but never blown me away. The menu sticks to standard fish/beef/pasta/chicken, so it's not super adventurous, but has a decent variety. The mushroom soup is really good as well. I would recommend requesting a table instead of booth, since the latter are small and kind of cramped.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It has amazing food. Great presentation. Wonderful service. They care about repeat business. They have an excellent reputation.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

My sister and sister in law hosted a family bridal shower for my daughter during the Thanksgiving holiday. We all came from around the country for this family celebration. I could not believe this place hasn’t been updated in 35 years. It is way past its prime. The paint was peeling on the ceilings and the general decor was in much need of some help. The food was not very good; I had the mushroom soup that was highly recommended and it tasted like thick condensed Campbell’s Soup with cut up mushrooms. A toast for the bride and her bridesmaids was sparkling water with grenadine for the younger girls. Maybe something a little nicer like 7up would have been more appropriate. The service was very slow on the day after thanksgiving in an almost empty restaurant.
We spend lots of time back in Kalamazoo visiting family and have eaten at several of the other restaurants owned by this group and know they have a quality product. Martells is located in one of the prettiest spots in Kalamazoo and has so much potential. I know, I grew up here and had my rehearsal dinner here 32 years ago. It’s sad to see it go down hill. Spend the money to bring this place back to the beautiful, romantic, and high class place it used to be. In the meantime, I won’t be back and wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. There are lots of other good choices in town.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The absolute best fresh mushroom soup-to die for! Terrific service and good rewards program for free. Best quality food and drink around

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This place is almost worth it for the atmosphere but the food was lacking. Two of us ordered the soup as a starter and were not asked if we wanted the cup or bowl. We were brought the bowl which had all of 6 ounces in it - $5.50, but good! All side salads are extra @ $5.95. One of our group ordered a double app of coconut shrimp as her dinner and asked for some fries on the side - they brought fries on a huge plate @$5.95! My herb crusted whitefish was huge but fishy tasting, could not finish and didn't want a doggie bag. My husband, however, liked the fish and ate it all.
When a large group arrived, we could not hear ourselves speak and left.