“Not what it once was....”

Pereddies Restaurant and Deli
Ranked #20 of 263 Restaurants in Holland
Price range: USD 9 - USD 26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I am a fan of small business/restaurants...don't love franchises. Have had dinner here 3 times in the last year or so...and have been increasingly more disappointed with each visit. Years ago this was a fabulous Italian eatery and market...so I might be biased because I knew it when, but last night was the last time I'll be dining here.
There were five of us. We asked questions about the menu/dishes as we were trying to decide what to order so we could make an informed choice. The server, Sara, was patient and knowledgeable. However, the soup came out cold and was sent back to be reheated. The "grilled" Chicken on the Caesar salad was still frozen and when asked about it the server said it's always served cold. I ordered Lamb chops med rare (most expensive meal) and they were quite thin, and came out med well. So they were sent back. I sat while the rest dined and after about 15 mins everyone was finishing up (shouldn't take 15 mins for med rare thin lamb chops) I decided not to eat alone and cancelled my order. One of the other diners had ordered steak with mushrooms (as listed in the menu.). There were no mushrooms and when that was inquired about we were told that most people don't like the mushrooms so they don't put them on anymore...and that if you want them you have to ask for them to which we said why would we ask for something that's listed as an ingredient in the dish and how would we know that? At which point we said at the very least the menu should accurately describe the dishes such as "chilled grilled chicken" and remove ingredients that are not included...or edit to say "mushrooms available on request".
We were given the "free" dessert which none of us really wanted. We were clear with the server that none of it was her fault and the tip reflected that she did her job well.
It just seems like something is broken here and if it continues, I suspect the business will continue to decline.

3  Thank Pecangrovelover

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Oh my goodness, the pasta, the bread, the wine, the everything! There is everything to love about this authentic old world, old charm restaurant. I've never been disappointed and love everything on the menu. And the deli Is great to pick up food for that special picnic or occasion. The rosemary sea salt rolls are to die for and the salads just amazing. The atmosphere is exquisite and the staff first rate. This place never disappoints!

1  Thank Lynda P
Reviewed 8 October 2017

very very nice and friendly staff. we were quite late. the food was delicious, so i pretty much enjoyed the pasta and the local beer. the atmosphere with the illumination is very warm an cosy. don't miss to see the attached deli with it's goods.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Had unexpected company coming. Called to order 2 appetizers. What I got was a complete embarrassment. Stale cheese, poor quality sausage and soogy veggies. I threw most of it away. Very disappointed. I want this restaurant to servive but if this is a sample of their offerings. I could have done better myself with a quick trip to Walmart.

4  Thank 88BarbMi
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We come here often for lunch. Great meals for the price. My husband usually gets the antipasto salad or bird breast sandwich. I love the pesto shrimp and the house salad! Bread is amazing!