“Nice neighbourhood gem”
Review of The Urban Cup Cafe

The Urban Cup Cafe
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Saanich
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly vibe, lots of seating, quick cafe bites and full hot menu. I come here with my son sometimes once a week for a nice breakfast and we love it. Always great and quick service but more importantly delicious food that isn’t overpriced. I like the veggie breakfast sandwich and my son loves the traditional benny.

1  Thank Lisa J

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Staying close to here, we never had to wonder where to get our morning coffee. On a couple of mornings, we also had breakfast here. Service was good and in most cases, the food was delicious. My bacon and eggs and my wifes breakfast veggie sandwich and fruit were both delicious. One morning I ordered the French toast with sausages. The French toast was delicious, but I could not finish the sausages. They may have been beef, but just tasted oily and burnt, even though they were not burned. Still, all in all a good breakfast stop.

1  Thank 17KAG
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Just delicious. Had a breakfast sandwich for $7 and it was, without a doubt, the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had. The dirty chai latte was also just freaking fantastic. Would 12/10 recommend.

1  Thank tucker4bs
Reviewed 1 February 2018

A diner-style place, good breakfast choices all day, lunch includes in-house smoked turkey and salmon, serves Fernwood locally roasted coffee, limited desert menu, good selection of muffins and cookies that tend to sell out early. After 10+ years of owner-manager new owners mean well but are still learning to run a cafe with loyal customers. The latter may not appreciate the changes, including dropping certain menu items and raising prices. All in all, worth a visit (but not "a detour" as they say in the Guide Michelin).

1  Thank oneoldmonk
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I've been to Urban Cup numerous times and the food is pretty consistently good "diner style" fare. For the third visit in a row though, I have had to put ALL my clothes in the washer after sitting at Urban Cup for an hour. This includes my outdoor jacket. The restaurant is saturated with the smell of fried food and bacon, which is quite overpowering when you walk in. I'm not sure why this venue doesn't have proper ventilation? I won't go back for this reason....