1,189 results
All reviews hot tub play area ping pong indoor pool room was clean shuffle board free breakfast good nights sleep nice stay traverse city yogurt game poolside michigan snowmobile pet
Reviewed 22 October 2018

the property has went a bit downhill. Stayed here years ago, when it was owned by other company,. disappointed in the hot tub not working. Booked a poolside room as planned to relax in hot tub. First night people had a baby in the tub!!! Second night mechanical issue.... so no hot tub for us...

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ramadaMgt, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thank you for your comments. We did have some mechanical issues a few weeks ago with the our hot tub, and a part had to be order, we can not anticipate a mechanical error. We were not happy about it as well. . It is posted that young children should not be in the Hot Tub.
We are currently giving the overnight rooms a face lift, with new carpet among other items, along with updates around the pool area.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

One person working the lounge. She was bartender, taking food orders, serving food, waiting on about 40 - 50 people all by herself. I asked her if she could call on more help. She said there is no one .Totally managment's fault for not scheduling more employees. No adult pool time. Never went swimming at all - kids in the pools screaming til after 10 pm. Kids birthday pool party all day also.
The breakfast was good, no bread at all for toast. Not refilled when we were there.

Room tip: Do not stay in a "courtyard" room unless you want to hear screaming kids in the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ramadaMgt, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you for your comments. Management was here this evening and our bartender had a manager running her food from the kitchen for her and another staff member clearing off the tables.
Children and their families do enjoy the pool, however screaming and yelling is by the children is out of our control.
Staff did close the pool at 10:00pm, and I myself walk the area and told guests the area was closed, all was quiet by 10:20 pm.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

After calling ahead to confirm the hot tub hours prior to making a reservation online, we planned our five hour trip and reservation solely based on the availability and hours of (according to online photos) a beautiful pool and hot tub spa area. After arriving and going straight downstairs to said spa area, my partner and I realized the hot tub was out of service. Would've been nice information to be told when I had called hours before. After speaking with the receptionist and asking about availability or any coordinations we could make about changing to a room that included a whirlpool bathtub instead, I was told a manager wasn't on duty and I would have to "come back in the morning to see what a manager could do for me", obviously not being of any help at that moment shortly after 9 PM. I was told that seeing as I placed my reservation online through Expedia, a refund was not possible so I could not go to the now-apparent-to-me way more highly rated hotel next door. After reading some more reviews about this hotel online, I came across a review of the exact room I was staying in, room 206. Apparently it wasn't just my partner and I who thought the double beds in the room were cheap, uncomfortable and felt like trampolines. So per the advice of the review I read online from said visitor a week prior, I went to the front desk and requested at least a room with a more comfortable bed, seeing as this worked for a customer a week prior. Without missing a beat, the receptionist knew immediately to put us in the room next door, 208. "This room has more comfortable beds". Which they were. Significantly different types of beds, and way more acceptable. My question is why put your guests in a room with camp mattresses when there is an identical room NEXT DOOR unoccupied with better quality beds? Why? It was obviously available. The icing on the cake was reading the almost funny, very passive aggressive and almost rude responses I've been reading online given from the assistant GM, Amanda. She did speak with me in the morning, offering me a pointless 15% coupon for my never-happening next stay. Too bad she couldn't offer me any benefits for a different Wyndham Hotel seeing as I would be staying the night in another chain hotel the next night. The room we stayed at in Walker/Grand Rapids, Baymont, was absolutely night and day difference for the same exact price. They had a cart for luggage, which this Ramada did not along with the absence of an elevator. I hope they offer elderly people assistance with their bags, we didn't get that courtesy. "Its only 14 steps", so I've read from Amanda's passive aggressive responses. Dont waste your money on this falling apart hotel, there are wall patches and uneven elements through the rooms, our bathtub was literally stained and not white (though room 208's was better) and I didn't feel comfortable even taking a bath. The customer service is just as bad as the accommodations. You're welcome!

Oh, and a "courtyard view" is a view of the pool area, not an outdoor view like I was expecting but oh well.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ramadaMgt, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

I am sorry. The tub did not malfunction until late afternoon, and it was to late to call the arrivals. However the pool was open and available.
Unfortunately we are not in a area where we can get the part ASAP.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

The staff is very friendly and the check-in was really easy. The room was very clean and even had a note from housekeepers to enjoy our stay. We had an updated room with new toilet and the bed was very comfy. The breakfast was one of the best we ever ate in a hotel. We have traveled a great deal and have been to many hotels. I would say this is very much up there with many of the others we stayed at. The hallways are clean but a tiny bit outdated. But, not really a complaint. Would rather stay in a clean motel with outdated hallways than an updated unclean hotel. If we go back to that area in future, will stay again.

Room tip: We were on first floor and it was on the back side.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ramadaMgt, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are looking forward to the updates we have planned in the future.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I requested a room with a queen beds, was given a room with double trampolines (206) and a toilet that did not like to flush. The following morning I asked if we could please move to another room on the ground floor, the hotel was wonderful and we moved directly below. The room was very clean, the queen beds were extremely comfortable and we now had a working toilet. We were facing the inside courtyard where there is an adult pool, a children’s pool and play area, a hot tub, pool table and shuffleboard. Perfect way to spend a rainy day when you’ve got motorcycles. I would recommend this hotel…the staff are friends do helpful. There are also some really great restaurants in close proximity.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ramadaMgt, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Grayling, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your business and understanding about a reservation glitch. We are pleased we were able to make accommodations for you during your stay. We welcome you back to the hotel in the future if you are ever in the Grayling area.