“Beware, they will take their bad day out on you!”
Review of Prairieside Suites

Prairieside Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Grandville B&B and Inns
Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
“Beware, they will take their bad day out on you!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

After our trip, I received a phone call from the owner, informing us that we were supposed to bring the popcorn bucket back to the room afterwards. We did not do so, due to the fact that we were unaware that was the protocol. We informed her of this and she did not like our response, so she decided to tell my husband that when he thinks it over, to call back with how much money we plan to send them. I then called her back to ask her why she had to be so mean and she told me to have a heart and then hung up on me. A few minutes later, she calls back, crying and tells me she is having a bad day. I am aware that people have bad days, but the way we were treated ruined my trip. We will never go back! :(

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rachel708
DesignerCheri, Owner at Prairieside Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
We love to give our guests lots of room amenities and extra touches to make them feel special and cared for during their stay with us. One of the hardest things about being an Innkeeper is being misrepresented. I truly feel honored to be a part of so many of our guests special occasions. While we make the majority very happy, there are times when we are threatened by people who say they'll post unkind and sometimes untrue things on various sites to try to personally humiliate us and our business. This couple was really sweet when they stayed with us. After they left I was doing inventory and quickly called to ask where they left the popcorn bucket from the movie theater [for free popcorn] because someone else wanted to use it. I was given a couple different stories and then profusely screamed at over several phone calls from them. I was completely shocked by their response and now by their review but we have a house full of lovely guests who are celebrating birthdays, anniversaries and getaways. For us this is a LOVE business that we are proud to share with so many wonderful guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I walked into the room and tears sprang to my eyes because it was so beautiful. There was an instant feeling of being on vacation! All your own worries and troubles melt away. They have thought of everything there! The toilet seats are heated! The bath salts by the huge jaccuzzi! Hershey kisses by your bed! I wish I could describe how it felt to be in the room. You just didn't want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank jahnzpa
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Spent a nite with my wife for a little get away. Stayed in the French Rivera Suite. The hosts were very frindly and accomodating. Beatiful place, quiet, and lots of amenities to allow you to unwind. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mcgettmt2012
Cedar Lake, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in the French Riviera for two nights. It was a wonderful place and the area is nice too! Worth the money!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa B
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I can't rave enough about Prairieside Suites. My fiance and I have stayed here twice. Both times were marvelous. This time we had the opportunity to be the first guests in the Beachhouse suite. It was just amazing. Be warned, you will forget about the rest of the world in this suite.

I also have to say that the food is so great. Cheri was kind enough to give us her secret to the best french toast I've ever tasted. Don't worry, Cheri. I won't tell!

We absolutely love Cheri and Paul. It's like being home but better. We love you guys! See you in the Spring!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carlottastriker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
10.1 km away
12.3 km away
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
11.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown

Been to Prairieside Suites? Share your experiences!