“Absolutely Awful! Do Not Ever Try and Get a Gift Certificate!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prairieside Suites

Prairieside Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Grandville B&B and Inns
Toledo, Ohio
“Absolutely Awful! Do Not Ever Try and Get a Gift Certificate!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

This business would not work with me at all in regard to setting up a reservation for me. I have a gift certificate from last year that I tried to use it for one night, only to find out that I am unable to do so. Terrible customer service. I have been hung up on numerous times because after trying unsuccessfully to spend one night with my wife that I have already paid for- I was flatly refused a return of my money ($248.00). I was actually told that I will not get my money back and I cannot stay for one night. Yet it clearly states on the website that "all rooms can be booked for one to two nights". I am very disappointed in this organization!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Kimberly M
DesignerCheri, Owner at Prairieside Suites, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Gosh, it's so sad when we get a review like this from someone who HASN'T EVEN STAYED WITH US! OK here is what happened. In March of 2011, he made his reservation and then called because he couldn't come. Our policy states; Your new reservation must be for the same duration as your original reservation and must be paid in full before moving your reservation. We moved their reservation to a new date and I did him a favor and didn't make him pay in full [ I try to run our business with a kind heart]. In July, he called a 2nd time because he couldn't come, this time he wanted a gift certificate issued because he couldn't give me a new date. A second time I did him a favor and didn't charge him for his full reservation but I explained that I would credit his deposit of $248.55 to a gift certificate that could be used for a future reservation totaling this original reservation of $667.10. I issued his gift certificate with this information CLEARLY STATED ON IT. Again, he was very appreciative and thanked me for the favor.

Let me explain, we are a small business and I answer the phone all the time [even when I am in the grocery store, at the Dr.'s office], etc. It's my goal to personally speak with you whenever you call, although, sometimes I may have to offer to answer your questions quickly and call you back when I'm in the office, which I did with this call. He called asking about availability, I explained I was in a store, he told me he had a gift certificate he wanted to use but he could stay only one night. I told him he would have to use his certificate by the conditions that were printed on it. He threw a loud fit with me, wasn't listening or letting me explain and after escalating to a point where everyone in the grocery store check out lane could hear him I eventually gave up and hung up. He called and loudly tried to persuade me 4 times over 4 days with threats to post bad reviews on many sites. I feel that I have been clear and fair with him. Welcoming guests into our home is a "love" business and out of kindness I have bent my rules twice for him and I am still very happy to credit his gift certificate towards a new reservation totaling his original reservation. I know if he comes that he'll love our beautiful rooms at Prairieside Suites. If you read our reviews you'll see that we have happy satisfied clients and bend over backwards to make sure their stay is a wonderful and relaxing one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Potterville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary here and absolutely loved it! The house and our room was beautifully decorated and clean. We loved the fact that the TV had a dvd player to watch a movie, most places we've been don't have that. The hot tub for two was perfect to come back to after the relaxing couples massage. The bed was amazing. After a great night sleep for both of us we decided we had to find out the kind of bed they have and get one for our house, as well as the exact blanket arrangement which was perfect and cozy! The heated floor in the bathroom was nice as was the inclredible shower and heated toilet seat! We enjoyed breakfast in out room the next moring which was nice to start the day with. The food was of course amazing. Before checking out we enjoyed some hot chocolate and conversation with other guests. It was a perfect getaway and we will definately be back. Looking forward to checking out some other rooms and enjoying the homey atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle A
Bangor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights in the Tuscan Villa, & we could not have asked for a better experience! The room was flawless! Beautifully decorated, it was so easy to relax and enjoy the time. Cheri was so hospitable, she had so many extra touches- natural soaps, home made cocoa & all types of sweets for us. The shower in the Tuscan Villa is amazing. I could have spent the entire time in it! The location is also great, a beautiful mall was only about 2 miles away. Having never stayed at a B&B, I thought it might be awkward to eat breakfast with the other guests, but everyone was so nice, and the coversations were so pleasant. Cheri really creates a 'home' feel inside the house & a romantic getaway in the rooms. I can not wait to visit again, and experience the other rooms! Thank you Cheri, for helping me give my Husband an amazing vacation to celebrate Veteran's day!

Room Tip: Tuscan Villa has private entrance, very quiet and private!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debra M
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed here and went all out on the options. Everything was perfect. It turned out better than expected. It was worth the 3 hour drive easily. I will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tuscan and it was sweet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was the most relaxing weekend my husband and I have had in a long time! Also, this was our very first B&B that we have stayed at! We celebrated our 10th anniversary here and it was absolutely relaxing. We stayed in the Tuscan Villa which seemed to be more private which we really liked. We also chose to have the 9:30am breakfast which I wasn't quite sure about eating with four other couples that we didn't know. I have to say, my husband and I both loved the conversations we had with the different couples. They were very pleasant, personable, and the converation was really nice. The food also was delicious! I loved the homade fruit they had for our french toast! I have never tasted something so good that was homemade. I loved the soap they have for you in the bathroom. It smells very nice and it is made with natural oils. I even bought a couple soaps from their little gift shop to take home because I liked it so much. :)
The bed was extremely comfortable. We slept so well my husband woke up and though he was home the first night we were there!
I loved the shower and the jaccuzi tub too! I spent a lot of time in those. :) We were very easy to please and this room was fabulous!
Before we left, I went down to get my soap and reciept for our stay and I talked with both Cheri and Paul. Extremely nice people! Very warm and inviting.....they just want to please everyone that comes to stay at their home. Very good host/hostesses!
I would definitely recommend PrairieSide Suites to family and friends!
Thank you Cheri and Paul for everything! We will be back!

Mike and Chas

Room Tip: Outside rooms are more private
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chasity T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
9.9 km away
3.0 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Grandville

Been to Prairieside Suites? Share your experiences!