All reviews front desk room was clean park and fly waffles hot breakfast the breakfast area would stay here again an early flight calvin college upon check great place to stay first floor free breakfast nice breakfast exercise room grand rapids area marie
Reviewed 20 August 2016

I am not a complainer normally, however...
My wife and I have stayed in this hotel dozens of times in the last few years and it has always served us well. This stay in August of 2016 however was a disappointment.
Due to an injury, I required a handicap accessible room. Because we use this chain often, I was using points for the room this stay. I am not sure if I was placed in a different room due to using points or not (but it felt like it at the check in time).
They placed us in room 316 and while it may have met the minimum requirements for handicap accessible, it was not functional as one. The furnishings were placed in such a way that it was nearly impossible to get from the bathroom to the bed, the near side was too close to the wall to allow a wheelchair in and the other side was so restrictive due to the location of dresser and bed that it was very difficult to navigate.
The bathroom door would not close all the way (due to loose trim) and the layout of the room made it impossible to get into the bathroom in the wheelchair. I had my wife go and get my crutches so I could use that room for the night, but someone who was wheelchair bound would have a great deal of difficulty if they could manage it at all.

When I called to report the room difficulties to choice hotels, they did inform me that the hotel was recently under new ownership and they had not had sufficient time to address that room. My complaint is still in process and my hope is that they address this before someone who needs accessibility is offered that room again.

In closing, I would suggest a conversation with the hotel prior to booking a handicap accessible room. I know this doesn't affect many guests, however, the ones who need handicap accessible should not have that type of challenge.

Room Tip: The third floor has no Ice machine. Rooms on South side face the parking lot and street while the rooms on the north side are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear Randy F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations with the wheelchair accessible room that you were given. I have passed along your concerns to our team and we will be working on ways to improve mobility in those rooms. Again, I apologize that you had a less than desirable stay. Thanks again for your input as we continuously strive to make our hotel better.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2016

This hotel is showing some wear. The staff was great and we had no problems but it really needs a deep cleaning. The entire floor we were on needed vacuumed and the elevator needed cleaned. Our room was clean and comfortable and the hotel was quiet. However, the door to the bathroom was quite beat up and the fan/light in the bathroom didn't have a cover on it. Just an exposed hole in the ceiling. We left before the hot breakfast was served but the cold items were the usual hotel breakfast selections. The shuttle driver to the airport was nice and it ran on schedule.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kshikn
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear kshikn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take feedback from our guests very seriously. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. I can assure you that this is not the standard to which we hold ourselves. I have addressed your concerns with my Housekeeping and Maintenance departments to ensure we do not encounter issues like this in the future. Thanks again for your time, and I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a much better stay in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Stayed over night after attending a concert downtown. It is close to the airport with taxi service to the terminal. The staff was very cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was standard fare but they use real plates and cups and silverware. The host is a great lady. She is like everyone's grandma. Rooms are not new, but neat and clean.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank dranger2

Dear dranger2,

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay here. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Great staff, great room and great location. Could not have asked for more. The breakfast was always good and there was always coffee available (I drink a lot of coffee). Plenty of dining options in the same road. Easy access to the interstate.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear tbrink9,

Thank you for the 5 Star review! We strive to make all of our guests feel comfortable and welcome at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here! Thanks again for staying, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Our flight out of Grand Rapids was cancelled. We were exhausted and in need of a clean room/bed. We got more than we expected for the budget price! They extended a discount to us as we were stranded and they offered is water at check in. We slept great and the free breakfast was quite good and the staff in the breakfast area was above and beyond polite and lovely!! If you were staying longer, they had a gym and a washer and dryer for quest use. We took the free and prompt shuttle to the airport which was just a quick ride. Very convenient and very hospitable!! I would highly recommend!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tourist564361
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Thank you for the 5 Star review! Aside from being stranded, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome as we know traveling can be stressful. Your compliments mean a great deal to our entire staff. Thanks for staying, and we hope to see you again!