All reviews room was clean an older hotel waffles would stay here again one night stay coffee maker continental breakfast shuttle pillows lamp refrigerator gr
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I found this to be one of the most dirty and disgusting hotels I can remember. When I walked into the room the bed was very disheveled and appeared that someone had been laying on the bed after it had been made. There was also a large stain on the comforter. They moved me to a second room and when I entered, I noticed what appeared to be spots of blood on the bed comforter. The breakfast area and serving vessels were also quite unappealing. This place needs a total renovation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank arowlz1
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The hotel staff set out breakfast early ( 4 am ) for us. The shuttle was top notch and the staff was amazing. I am making this my GR hotel! The rooms were clean and updated. Very comfortable beds and pillows. I was pleasantly surprised and a great value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and I can honestly say, this is one of the best experiences I have ever had. The hotel has some years on it, but it is exceptionally clean. The staff reminds me of a recent stay at the Ritz in Palm Springs California. I'm not kidding you, every staff person that we have met has gone out of their way to accommodate us. We came on a business / spring break trip. Employees, family and kids. We booked on Priceline, so it's not like they knew us or was making a lot of money on us, yet their customer service blew us away!
Kudo's to the property management, this kind of service only comes from a committed, talented team!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Frequently-traveling flight crews have a knack for being able to identify a competent accommodation. Based on the numerous captains, flight attendants, etc. that I saw leaving the hotel, they must recognize a good thing. So did I.

The Clarion has a great location, sitting just a few hundred feet from I-96, less than three miles from the airport and less than twenty minutes to downtown GR. There were a variety of shopping/restaurant options nearby: Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, IHOP. Woodland Mall is just two miles away.

The hotel is clean and well-maintained. My room was well-appointed and spacious with a comfortable king-size bed, flat-screen TV, mini-refrigerator and microwave, chest, desk and a recliner. The bathroom was spotless (good shower pressure), and had a surprising feature: a three-way mirror. The bed was comfortable and the window heating unit was quiet and effective. Wireless internet was flawless.

Choice brand's standard continental breakfast featured sausage links, bacon, waffles, eggs (which, I must agree with a previous review--were dreadful) and plenty of cereal, yogurt, etc. Pickings were slim by the time I made my way to the dining area.

Service was excellent, friendly and courteous. Deb was a gem.

Should your travels take you to Grand Rapids, be sure to stay at the Clarion. While other accommodations have more features, the Clarion, at just under $80, is a pretty good 'bang for your buck.'

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I brought a bachelorette party to the Clarion and booked the bridal suite. It was awesome. The room was giant and was able to sleep all of us comfortably. We had 2 fridges, 2 beds, 2 bathrooms and a foldout couch. The staff was so helpful and nice and accommodating. They shuttled us to Cascade Winery and picked us up when we were ready to come back. They even shuttled us to dinner later that evening. It was such a great experience. The price was fantastic for the room, too. The continental breakfast was surprisingly very good, too. Overall, I am completely blown away with Clarion and would recommend the hotel to anyone. In my opinion, I would rather stay there and take a cab to get around than stay downtown. The service was just unbelievable. Thank you so much for making my friend's party such a memorable experience!

Room Tip: The bridal suite was amazing for our group. If you plan to spend time in your room, I would recommend booking it. It's surprisingly affordable, too.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends