“Friendly staff, clean hotelrooms. Very 1979s retro.”

Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is my second stay at the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids Airport and I enjoyed both visits. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, but then that goes for the good citizens of Grand Rapids too.
Hotel is very retro from 1979, including the wild 1970's striped room and hallways carpeting. My only complaint was the mediocre gym equipment that was in disrepair. In fact, when I arrived to work out, the current guests had to warn me which half of the treadmills didn't work properly. The single Universal machine was rusty and squeaked when you used it. Irritating.

Also, my tub drain was clogged and I was forced to stand in two inches of dirty water, very unpleasant. I hope maintenance will address the problem for the next room guest to avoid.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 February 2012

It is a fine place to stay if you are on the Eastside of Grand Rapids. Not great facilities or service but not bad either.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Close to airport, airport shuttle, good front desk, rooms were very nice with huge flat screen tv.

Hotel is older, and they need to pay attention to the worn and grungy hallways... But overall I had a relaxing, quiet stay.

Oh, inside pool and restaurants across street

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank FlyMom10
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Grand Rapids is a great place to visit and stay. I have traveled for 20+ years for business and pleasure, and stayed in many Crowne Plaza's. I am sorry to say this Crowne Plaza needs a facelift. Not up to the standards I have seen in most Crown Plaza hotels. I checked in later at night, and did not have my rewards card number handy. I asked if they could look it up. I was told no, they did not have access to that, but if I went to my room, I could look it up online and call the front desk with the number. Seriously? This is a CROWN PLAZA... I am a rewards member, and have ALOT of points.... take care of me! I also saw 20 bottles of water behind the desk. Did they offer me one to take to my room? NO. I get better treatment at the Hampton Inn! NOT user friendly.

Internet service was slow, at best. The room was not up to CP standards. It was "clean", but outdated. Looked like they had tried to update some things, but not others. Lighting in the bathroom was horrible, but the bed was clean and comfy. Linens clean. Bathroom was half updated, half 1970's. A large hotel, but not alot of spirit in the staff and not to the level of most CP's I have stayed at. Not one of the better hotels avail in the GR area. Come on, CP, step it up to your standards! I know times are tough, but you have a great opportunity in GR to be a leading hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sheeeebs
Andrea J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Sheeeebs:

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids and for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate the confidence that we can be one of the leading hotels in Grand Rapids! We feel that way as well, and work hard at improving our service levels each day. I was disappointed to hear of your Priority club treatment at check in. Our management staff does have the ability to look up Priority information and could have done that the next morning for you prior to check out. You also should have received a complimentary bottle of water with your upgrade to our executive level. I will use your review to further train my staff about the importance of not only our priority club members, but all guests of our hotel! We definitely aim to be one of Grand Rapids finest! Thank you again, and I hope we can serve you again soon!

Andrea Johnston
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Spent the night for business as all the downtown hotels were booked. Great older hotel - very well kept with an excellent staff. Only downside is there is no entertainment in the evening. So if you want to sit in the bar and listen to some music - have them put on a radio.

Clean rooms, nice beds, nice pool

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Andrea J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids! We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you when the downtown area was sold out. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Grand Rapids.