All reviews ford museum road noise within walking distance public museum across the river light sleeper small bathroom van andel bars and restaurants devos place convenient location art prize room was clean and comfortable definitely stay here again sink pillows gr
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Really nice hotel close to downtown G.R. Room we're pretty clean but kinda small, we asked for an update on our rooms and got one room that was a suite and the other a king room which was nice. Staff was friendly and bar area is pretty laid back. Pretty reasonable price for the location.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Caitlin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for posting! I'm so glad to hear that we were the perfect location for your company Christmas party! We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon; safe travels!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

This hotel was simple, but clean and comfortable. A nice breakfast is included and the location is convenient, close to the highway but also close to downtown Grand Rapids. I'd say a good price-quality deal :)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for posting! I'm so glad to hear that you took advantage of one of the breakfast package options that we offer with our room rates and that you loved our convenient downtown location! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We loved that this hotel was within walking distance from our planned events. Lots of restaurants to choose from. Very clean and nice downtown area. For the hotel being next to a busy highway noise was not a problem. I have insomnia so I crocheted in the lobby while my boyfriend slept
. Front desk person was very nice. We chatted a bit and offered me a glass of water. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Caitlin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Loribhennigan,

Thank you so much for posting about your stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you not only enjoyed our accommodations, but the front desk was able to make you feel welcomed and at home! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown several times. I like its convenience to restaurants and venues downtown. It does get busy during events like Art Prize, but the staff has always been helpful and friendly, even when I'm chaperoning a group.

The rooms are clean but well used. Breakfast in the restaurant is always good and priced right. In the evening, the bar is a good place to finish up after dinner in any of Grand Rapids' great restaurants.

About the only downside of the hotel is the close proximity to the highway. Rooms that overlook the highway are loud.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that overlook the highway. Very busy during Art Prize so make reservations early.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Joe,

Thank you so much for posting about your experience at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown! I am so glad to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stays with us as well as your experience with our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 19 November 2016

... and that's about it. Extremely dated and stale-smelling rooms; tiny and uncomfortable (too soft) beds; a lot of outside noise; and blinds that don't cover the windows and allow bright parking lot lights to illuminate the room ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

The kitchen also leaves a lot to be desired, but there are many restaurants close-by so this isn't a huge issue.

Service staff are very helpful and friendly, and went out of their way to accomodate my arrival at nearly midnight.

The sign on the night table says it all... (see picture)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Caitlin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.