All reviews target store would stay here again great hotel quiet location grand rapids airport shuttle service decent size the breakfast area complimentary breakfast restaurants and shopping business center exercise room rooms are clean pool and hot tub costco highway mi
Reviewed 29 September 2016

One slow elevator and no laundry. You have to walk to the hotel next door and you can use theirs. It all would have been okay except the price was jacked up because of the weekend. People were nice. Breakfast was good

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Robert T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Kelly,

Please allow me to extend my thanks to you for your stay at our hotel and for taking a moment to post your review online. We are always looking for ways we can better serve our guests and meet all of their needs so we will be sure to look into how we can be of service going forward. I wish you and your team the best of luck this season and hope to see you again soon.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Hotel and room were clean, single king bed was comfortable, room was big, location was a little out of the way on a back road behind a shopping center. Complimentary breakfast was well stocked with a good variety and the quality was very good. We did get early check-in after being very persistent. Complimentary wireless was a little slow, but worked. In our room (102), we experienced a persistent oppressive noise that ruined our night's sleep. In my opinion, the hotel staff were aware of the noise problem (in room 102 at least), as they did not express any surprise when we complained in the morning. The morning clerk said that she would "100 percent" us (meaning that our money would be fully re-funded), which we appreciated, but we would rather have had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Elizabeth,

Please allow me to thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for the review you posted online. We value your feedback and use it to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay. I apologize for the issue encountered during your visit and we will certainly see what we can do to correct this going forward. I hope we will have the opportunity to offer you a more restful night's sleep on your next visit to our area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel was understaffed. The whole 3 nights I was there, they didn't empty the garbage cans on the floor in hallways once. It was overflowing and garbage was on the floor. The room was not cleaned up to my standards. The linens were dirty, there was hair in bathroom from the last guest, and there was debris on the bathroom floor. One out of two days they had to clean my room, no one came and the do not disturb sign was never put on my door. When I called to report it, they didn't even offer to have someone come clean my room. They just said sorry, but there is nothing we can do now as it is too late. The only reason I'd ever come back is for the breakfast staff. They were the only ones who went out of their way to be sure me and my kids were taken care of, even being sure my son with food allergies had something to eat.

Dear Laur4182,

I wanted to thank you for your stay at out hotel and for providing your feedback on your visit. We wish to provide the best possible stay to all of our guests and I apologize that we fell short on your recent trip. We will certainly address your concerns and continue to hire additional staff and make sure that every stay is an enjoyable one.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I would never stay at any other hotel in this area! This HAMPTON is absolutely top notch! The rooms are perfectly clean, the food is terrific, the staff is most friendly, the value is quite good, and the view is phenomenal!!! It is located in a quiet area away from traffic noise also!

Dear Mary,

I am extremely glad you were so satisfied with your last stay with us! Thank you for making time to post your review on Tripadvisor and share your thoughts. We certainly hope we will be seeing you again very soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Great hotel for the money. Located close to shops and the airport. Rooms good size for family of 6. Great location for business people. It had kind of a country feel being tucked away on a side road near a pond. Shuttle offered to airport.

Dear Beth,

I am so glad you found our hotel to be what you were looking for in your recent visit. Thank you for offering your feedback online as it lets us know how we can continue to offer you and all of our guests the best possible service. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit with us again soon.

All the Best,