“Declined over several years, but prices climb, ridiculously.”
Review of The Spinnaker - CLOSED

The Spinnaker
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Patterson Avenue
Transit: Public transportation is approximately 1/4 mile from the hotel.
Reviewed 19 November 2014

the restaurant was closed so we ate in the bar. Full disclosure, I live nearby. It's had a history of great burgers at not too bad a price. Hadn't been in a few years, but wanted a burger, so stopped by. Meat was overcooked, lettuce wilted, bun a bit stale. Other had fish tacos which were "ok". Biggest gripe was the drinks. We had vodka gimlets while another in our party had vodka martini. The gimlets came with an additional charge of $2.50 for the lime juice. If you've ever made a gimlet, it takes maybe a teaspoon, and you could scarcely taste it. I've eaten in many hotel bars. This was by far the most overpriced.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Went for Saturday evening dinner at Spinnaker a couple of weeks ago, and was not impressed with the menu choices as far as healthy foods were concerned. All of the items listed involved sauces, or other related mixtures. There was not even one vegetable that could be obtained steamed, or plain. My partner enjoyed his chicken-pasta dinner, however. This used to be one of the best in Grand Rapids years ago. I will not be back.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

I didn't want much to eat and was too tired to go looking outside the hotel. I had the 6 buffalo wings (I got 7) with habanero sauce and the blue cheese dressing. Celery sticks were on the side.

They were fantastic. Well cooked and crunchy on the outside. The habanero wasn't overdone, and there were real bits of blue cheese in the dressing (served on the side). Full of flavour for anyone who likes their wings hot. I'm sure I could have asked for extra habanero sauce had I needed it. I thought $7 was a fair price for what I had.

The only weird thing was when I asked about the soup of the day. The server told me it was Southwest chilli, so I ordered that too. But she came back to tell me it was already all gone! This was at 6:15pm on a Friday night when the restaurant had no more than perhaps 15 customers. She was as surprised as I was and made some comment about the staff possibly having eaten it all. Very strange.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

That is just it, just Okay, too bad, because it truly was one of the best restaurants in town with great ambiance

Reviewed 17 September 2014

Outstanding staff. Breakfast buffet has so many choices. Can hold private groups. I don't drink wine but looked like a nice selection.