All reviews remodeled hotel room preference needed assistance the hotel staff fitness center business center mini fridge grand rapids airport room was clean stay there again netflix starbucks desk mirror shuttle
Reviewed 25 January 2018

In town for a quick trip and picked this hotel because it was easy to get to the airport and I was not disappointed. The front desk person was welcoming when I checked in and shared that the hotel was recently remodeled, I didn't see it before but I was impressed with the look of the hotel for sure. Nice little bar area with with lots of seating and a Starbucks right in the lobby (STARBUCKS!!!) and nice modern rooms that were extremely quiet (not at all what I expected for an airport hotel). I wasn't there long but everyone I met was very friendly. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank travelfool34
David C, Manager at Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing the Delta Hotel for your stay in Grand Rapids. Glad you enjoyed the property and our recent renovation. Our staff works hard every day to deliver great service to our guests, we hope to see you again if you are back in Grand Rapids.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

My son (11 years old) and I both needed a night away after my dads funeral. I had chose this hotel for the waterslide and distance to restaurants!!. The waterslide was closed when we arrived, however the staff got it going for an hour for him to use that night and the next day. Truly made our stay worth it. The hotel was clean and I like the updates from when it was a Ramada. It is not your typical Marriot, however it is still very nice. It has the typical bar/restaurant/Starbucks that you normally get. My son also enjoyed the fitness room, it was very nice and had a nice variety of items. We asked for a room near the pool and it happened to have a door right to the pool and a door to the main hallway. We will definitely stay again, when we need a night away and I have a little extra play money. Again, the staff was on top of it! The beds were super comfy. If you plan on going to use the waterslide, check their website to make sure it is open.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool (have kids) ask for a lower level pool access room :)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie N

Very glad that your son was able to enjoy the water slide and both of you were able to relax and enjoy a night away at our property. We hope to see you again if you are back in Grand Rapids.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I don't get all the negative reviews. I am a loyal Marriott customer and found this hotel to be very clean, modern, and friendly staff. My room was nicely decorated, the bathroom was very nice, the shower was great, my only critic would be the toilet is very close to the shower but not a game changer. The water was actually very hot. Comfortable bed. The hotel bar/restaurant area was nice, friendly staff, and decent food. I found this hotel to be above standards of Marriott Courtyards, which I will no longer stay at, they need a major renovation. The hotel was also very close to area businesses, highways, and things to do. Very impressed with my stay here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank haolegirl2014
David C, Manager at Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for your review and we are very glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Grand Rapids.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This was the worst hotel stay I've ever had. We arrived late in the evening and checked in. Upon checking in the front desk staff advised me that we may not have any hot water and that they were working to resolve the problem. I was flabbergasted since I was planning on showering that evening. I asked what should we do if we do not have hot water. She wasn't helpful at all. She just repeated that she did not know if our room was affected or not. We then unloaded and entered our very cold dark room. It was impossible to find a light switch since they designed the sliding barn door to always be in a position that covers the light switches. Finally we found a lamp and began trying to hurt the heat up. Nothing. The wall heater did not respond to the controls, the thermostat did not cause any improvements to the heating system. When I returned the cart to the lobby and told the staff that our room was very cold, she again repeated the same thing about the engineer fixing it. I requested additional bedding because I can't imagine how I was going to keep my two young children warm throughout the night. When she delivered the bedding I asked if there were any rooms that were warm and she was extremely annoyed by my request and said she would look. Later she called me and said she found a room for us down the hall. I went to check it out and it was warm, which was a relief! I moved my children and all our belongings to this new room after about 1AM at this point. The new room was certainly warm, very warm! We could not control the temperature in there either and at points the heat would kick on when it was comfortable and make it too hot! What is wrong with this building?! The new room did not have any hot water until the morning so again I was not able to shower. Then after I finally got my children to sleep around 2AM, our room phone rang once at 2:30AM. I decided to ignore it and try to go back to sleep. Then at 2:40AM I was completely scared out of my sleep by the fire alarm going off! I quickly woke my children up in preparation to flee the building and when we got into the hallway we were advised it was a false alarm. I returned into the room and called the front desk and that woman answered the phone by screaming that it was a false alarm pulled by kids in the hotel. I was shocked this was her way to comfort concerned customers. Screaming at them. Wow! Now I had to get my scared children back to sleep which resulted in a very sleepless night for me. The following day our youth football team had numerous games scheduled which resulted in our being away from the hotel from 9:30am until 8:30pm. That morning I ventured to the "Grab and Go" cafe to purchase a bite to eat, only to end up waiting for over fifteen minutes in line and another 5-10 minutes to obtain my order. I certainly would not describe that as "Grab and Go!" They were completely understaffed! Upon returning to the hotel we discovered the pool was closed. The one thing our children had been looking forward too the entire day was no longer available to them. Their swimsuits we packed would ultimately go unused for the entire weekend of our stay. This hotel was incredible unprepared to host our party. They were well aware that a youth football team would be in attendance and the amount of people coming for the weekend. They did nothing to prepare for our stay and to make it memorable in a good way. I looked forward to nothing more than leaving this sad excuse for a Marriott hotel. Once our departure finally arrived the next day, I requested to speak with a manager at check out. No manager was available. The staff is completely desensitized to the dissatisfaction of their clients as this has been ongoing for weeks. Our experience is not unique. This hotel really needs to close their doors, get their act together and try reopening once they've resolved all their building and staff issues. I barely received so much as an apology for our awful stay and they offered our entire group a thirty percent discount on our day. I would have never even booked with this establishment if they had not been falsely advertising their ability to host us and their completely inappropriate accommodations. There is no getting past the lack of heat and hot water, especially during the winter months in Michigan! It's beyond ridiculous and I hope to never in my life revisit this horrid building that is dressed up like a nice hotel. Buyer beware, it's not nice at all. Not one little bit. I pulled the curtains back to let in the sunlight and they didn't even put drywall on the outside walls. They are covering it with curtains. How much more substandard can you get? It's incredible this place calls themselves a Marriott. Either they are severely slandering the brand name or the brand has sunk to unbelievable new lows in the hospitality business. I know based on this experience I will never give my money to another Marriott again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica L

I apologize for all of the issues that you had during your stay at the hotel. That was towards the end of the renovation and obviously there were a lot of things that were not taken care of for our guests and not the services that we should have been providing as a Marriott Hotel.
We have addressed the issues that you faced from the hot water to the heating in the guest rooms as well as correcting the staffing levels now that we have completed the renovation.
Again I sincerely apologize for the experience that you received at the property and if you are back in the area at any time please feel free to contact us so we can give you a tour and show you the way that your stay should have been with us now that we are through with renovations.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott person. I travel for business and spend about 150 nights a year in a hotel. I needed to stay in Grand Rapids this week and saw a new brand on the Marriott app. I looked at the pictures and the amenities and decided to book at the Delta. Wow. This is definitely not a Marriott quality hotel.
Two desks agents were out front smoking under the portico as I walked thru to check in. One on the nearly ran me down in an effort to run to the check in desk to joke with another check in agent. My room was not clean. My water glasses were spotty and still appeared to be wet. Long black hairs were all over the place including the bathroom counter. Frankly this stuff bothered me but I just chalked it up to coincidence.
I jumped in for my morning shower and the control knob fell off in my hand. I took a cold shower and a shave because apparently there was no hot water serving the sink.
Marriott please look at this place. It does not live up to the basic standards of professionalism, cleanliness and staff I have become accustomed to at your properties.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business