“Excellent Sushi, a hidden gem”
Review of Sushi Yama

Sushi Yama
Ranked #134 of 975 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: USD 2 - USD 15
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 21 August 2017

So fresh, so good, could eat it every day! It's literally right off of Rosa Parks park or square on the main drag through Grand Rapids, you just have to follow the signs into the basement of a bank/commercial building to find it. So glad we did! Not a big "buffet" restaurant like some people enjoy, but authentic, fresh, delicious sushi at a good price. Seriously, nothing fancy, some tables inside and out, but spotless, with great service and excellent sushi.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Wanted to have sushi in Grand Rapids while staying downtown. Tried some other sushi places outside the center with moderate to good sushi but those places were like real restaurants where you usually would only go with company. As I was alone I was looking for something more easy and practical. After going through the suggestions here on tripadvisor I found Sushi Yama in the center of downtown Grand Rapids. The best sushi from GR! No fancy restaurant but just excellent and reasonable priced sushi.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We stumbled upon this gem when visiting Grand Rapids for Art Prize. It is in the basement of a huge building. We went in and you place your order by filling out a checklist. The wait was long, but the sushi was incredible and very reasonably priced. I wish I had a place like this near me. When in Grand Rapids I will make a point of stopping in at Sushi Yama. Delicious!

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I love sushi because it is so good and I had fun eating there cause it is like the best food they have in the world

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I tried the salmon and avocado and sweet potato rolls. I was really coming because a coworker wanted sushi. I'm not a big sushi eater. On the menu there was additional dinner options but once arrived at restaurant, there were just rolls and a few small sides.