“4/4/16”

Ranked #181 of 977 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: USD 2 - USD 15
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Sushi Yama is a casual place with tables,but you order at the counter inside. The food is good and inexpensive for the most part. They close at 730pm and don't serve drinks. Tea and water.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Great Littile hidden gem in the basement. Great value with a simple atmosphere. simple order and sit and enjoy or get it to go.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

This is my favorite place to get sushi! I love the location although it could be difficult to find if you aren't familiar with the area. I live in Florida now and come her every time I visit home. It is by far the best quality for the price and the staff is so friendly!
My sister and I enjoyed a taste of a few of the rolls today including the tsunami, yellowtail, firecracker, and two others. All of them were fantastic!! It comes out so quick and looks beautiful every time.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

The sushi rolls are very fresh (made while you wait). The sushi rolls are really just average in portion size and taste.

The prices are excellent, with many basic rolls under $5. each.

The location is interesting. The restaurant is in a quiet basement in the center of downtown Grand Rapids. The small dining space interior reminds me of the sushi restaurant featured in the "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" movie. This place is very clean.

Pick up a sheet of paper on the table outside the door and an oversize pencil (like the ones you used in elementary school), mark your choices and hand it to the chef at the counter. You will be given an order number and your food will be delivered to your table.

Coca Cola drinks (with free refills) are available here.

The restrooms nearby use tokens for entry. This restaurant has tokens available if you need to go.

I recommend this place and plan on returning.

1  Thank flintjarvis
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Due to the price and freshness always being ideal this used to be a weekly routine for me. I left GR for 2 years, came back 2 weeks ago and both guys behind the bar remembered me and asked if I was ready to order the Crispy Eal Roll. They remembered my order from 2 years ago! Awesome chill guys in a hidden atmosphere at an amazing price for sushi! They are basic rolls but always taste fresh. Best sushi deal I've ever found.

1  Thank ChuckBeckler