“Our go to Mexican restaurant in Grand Rapids area”
Review of Cabana/Tres Amigos

Cabana/Tres Amigos
Ranked #241 of 1,021 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Food is always excellent. They have a variety of salsas ranging from mild to habenero to their latest California Reaper sauce (and I love the heat!). My kids always put this top of their list as well. Occasionally we have slow service for no explainable reason, but they are always friendly and the food is one of my favorites.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We went her on a Saturday afternoon. Restaurant was not busy. Maybe a half dozen tables. Place was clean and modern. We were seated quickly.

We started with the Queso trio appetizer. One with chirizo, one with refried beans and one plain queso served with fresh chips. The chirizo and queso was the highlight. Queso was a little thin, but flavor was great.

For the main course I got the rice and chicken which was seasoned chicken over rice with what looked like onion rings covered in queso. This was excellent.

The waitress was very competent. Not very talkative but friendly. Our food came out quickly and warm keeping our drinks full without interrupting us too much.

We'll be back to try some more items on the menu.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

The food is very good as is the service. But 2 times now, I have been scammed on Keno by the bartender. I checked and double check my tickets, and twice he has tried to short me. I will come here for food, but not for Keno.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We ate at this restaurant last Saturday 4/2/16 around 8:45pm. It was my wife and mine first trip. Our son and his wife brought us, as they dine there frequently. When our food came out, my wife's food was not done yet. My son finished his meal before my wife even received hers, and then the shrimp were rubbery, the chicken was dry. The server (Reuben) was blaming it on the kitchen. When we talked to the manager, she was apologetic, and didn't charge us for my wife's meal. our total was $17.77, and we added $1.00 tip due to poor service.

Sunday I noticed that our credit card had tip of $3.00 added. I called restaurant and talked with the same manager. She said she would call me back. 10 min later Reuben calls me and tells me he must have miss-entered $3.00 tip instead of $1.00 tip while he was busy. He want's me to stop by to get my $2.00 refund. I would like to see the charge slip, to see if it was altered. I do not buy the excuse he accidentally hit the wrong key. I was impressed by the food, very delicious, even though the service and kitchen were lacking. We were planning on returning again, to give you another chance, because sometimes things happen, that normally don't. Having an extra tip amount added to our credit card that was not authorized is fraud.

I filled out comment form on their website and still no contact from company. My bank has opened up a fraud investigation into their company. I check my bank online, and discovered the fraud right away. I wonder how many times Reuben has done this and people don't notice it. I can't believe that they have a thief working for you and you still employ him. I do not trust this company thanks to him.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

This is one of Mt favorite Mexican restaurants. The enchiladas cabana and burrito are delicious. The best item isn't on the menu though. It's a green drink we ordered at the bar.