“sorry they closed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have eaten here many times,including two birthday and a retirement party.Food was always good.Chicken Cremosa was our favorite.I'll really miss that..

1  Thank vonnie817

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I drove to Olio's on Thursday night (Nov. 14, 2013) and the door had a sign that read "Closed for Business". I hope that they aren't permanently closed.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nice atmosphere, good food
Sometimes the service is slow, usually when they get slammed and weren't prepared

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Again a Groupon and staff was superb in greeting us and telling us of the specials and the menu. We were given a basket of fresh garlic bread and an olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary dipping sauce. Outstanding and generous, First surprise and SO good. We ordered calamari grilled and we were both surprised at the spiciness. It is the 1st Italian dish we've had that was spicy hot, that from the peppers among the onion in the grill. Our second surprise. Lunch includes a choice of soup or salad. My wife had the salad; great cold greens and very good dressing. I had chicken tortellini soup loaded w/fresh carrots and celery and 4 scrumptious cheese tortellini. Second surprise. Elsewhere the noodles are many and not very tasty, just a starch. Here the cheese stuffing, the clear rich broth and the fresh vegetables were incredible. My wife ordered Chicken Parmesan and I had the Penne Alla Vito. Hers arrived as a plate of breaded fried chicken breast graced with cheese and tomato sauce and a side bowl of pasta w/another tomato sauce. Cheese was grated on at her request. My Penne was sauteed chicken and rock shrimp with spinach and fresh cherry tomatoes tossed in penne pasta in a garlic and olive oil sauce and cheese grated on. Generous portions well presented and extraordinary!!! Our third surprise, the quality and amounts we were served.
We were very impressed by the wine list and the bar specials were beyond compare. Creative drinks and at special prices and very many choices. I wish I'd been able to try some of them but driving makes me hesitant. There was a note that a wine tasting was coming up for $15 and with what we saw of the wine menu a tasting here must be very special.
Like other reviews note there was little traffic. There were some take away orders but only 6 other patrons at noon on a Tuesday. I hope very much they survive. When next in the Flint area I intend to seek it out.

1  Thank HemlockMan
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It won't be long before you will have to line up to get a seat here. Great food, reasonable prices and a good wine selection make this a great place for any meal.