“A Better Recent Experience”
Review of Olio's Cafe and Grill - CLOSED

Olio's Cafe and Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2012

After being disappointed in a few meals this past summer we decided to give it a last try. I must admit things seemed to be going down-hill sometime after the departure of the main chef. But last week I had the Salmon & my husband a NY Steak & we were very happy with everything. We ordered the house cabernet & received a generous carafe full. We started with a lovely calamari apetitizer served with a fresh tomato & basil sauce that was to die for! The salads were outstanding, fresh & crispy with dressing served on the side. My husband's vegetables were very crisp and flavorful and my salmon with arthokes and a lemon sauce was divine. The pasta sides were also very tasty! All in all we thought they had gotten their groove back and we will be back! I am happy because this is a locally family-owned restaurant and in our neighborhood!

We have been to a couple of their wine-tastings & would highly recommend this bi-monthly event!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Chicken Crimosa. That;s all that need to be said. The chef has several great creations but that's the best. Always consider the specials. My only criticism is the dinner salad is a little "weedy" for my taste but my wife likes it. I always opt for the soup and it never disappoints. Everything we've tried has been good. But again - Chicken Crimosa.

2  Thank Dale L
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stopped in for lunch. I must have driven by this place a hundred times. Very nice atmosphere and very good food. They have an area for large parties. Outside seating is available. If you like Italian food, this is a place you will enjoy.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Restaurant did not live up to our expectations. Service was rushed and server had little knowledge of menu. Bottle of wine was delivered after appetizers and left on a tray with glasses and the cork in the bottle. Pasta was drowning in tomato sauce and noodles were inconsistently cooked. Had hoped to have a leisurely dinner but this was clearly not what the staff had in mind, despite our requests to slow things down. Desserts were the best part of the dinner.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We recently held my daughter's bridal shower in the banquet room at Olio's. The food was great and the staff was so accomodating. Whenever a new guest arrived the waitstaff was right there to take their drink order. They set everything up before I even arrived. They arranged a gift table, cake table, and set up an area for the bride-to-be to open her gifts. I heard many wonderful compliments from our guest on the food and how nice the waitstaff was to everyone.
I would highly recommend this as a great place to hold your parties and celebrations. It was a wonderful afternoon.
I would just like to thank Dunia for her help in making the arrangements and also mention Tatiana was very welcoming and kept drinks filled and the buffet restocked. She even came to my rescue with a larger knife and extra napkins to wipe the all the frosting off my fingers when I Thanks for making my daughter's shower a beautiful celebration!!
Sharon Primel