“Best decision of my life”
Review of The English Inn

The English Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Eaton Rapids B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding here and it was the best decision I've ever made! Originally, we were supposed to have the wedding at another venue nearby, so I was happy to find the English Inn to host all of my guests from China, Australia, Canada, and some from the US. I booked 10 rooms after seeing pictures online, but decided I wanted to check the place out before I decided who would stay in which room. The receptionist was nice enough to let me look at all the rooms and grounds. Thank god I did, because as soon as I saw the place, I instantly knew this was the place I wanted to get married. I began talking with the wedding planner, Adriana, about possibly doing the wedding there instead. After learning the other venue I had booked wasn't going to have AC, the decision was final! And seriously, it was amazing. Adriana was SO helpful. Any questions I had, she was quick to answer with very helpful answers. Also, having the Bridal Party, as well as some close family and friends, staying with us at the Inn made it so easy and relaxing. And OH MY GOD, breakfast was amazing!! They were quick to refill drinks, which were high quality. The food was so flavorful, and clearly made with good ingredients.

The rooms were amazing as well! Very comfortable beds, quaint surroundings, and amazing views of the gardens and rolling hills in the area! My guests really enjoyed their stay!

Now to talk about the wedding itself!

We had the ceremony down at the Pergola, and it was so beautiful. The gardens, plus the Grand River running behind us made it picture perfect! We didn't have to decorate it whatsoever. It truly didn't need it. The only thing I would change is the seats. They were to close to the back, where I was supposed to enter, which caused my father and I to be on two separate levels, as there is an elevated area. We weren't able to walk side by side. But it was fine. We're easy going.

After the ceremony, we had a cocktail hour and got our guests situated in the Medovue Hall, which was gorgeous. They have chandeliers and windows make it feel like you're in a castle or something. It feels very elegant. Waitstaff was all very friendly and officiant. The food was delicious!! We had ordered the Beef and Chicken combo for everyone, which came with more than enough food! And both beef and chicken were moist, juicy, and very tasty! Many of my guests told me how much they enjoyed the beef! I also had one vegan and one vegetarian, who enjoyed their meals as well. The hall was nicely spaced out, and we had a great time dancing! It was such a wonderful and magical day! I can't thank Adriana and the staff enough for making our day so wonderful! It was better than I had ever imagined!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We stayed in the Tangerine Croquette Cottage - I liked the room for it's more modern atmosphere, but just next to the mansion so we could walk to dinner/breakfast each day. The bed was comfortable, but there was no dresser nor anything with drawers to unpack into; so we hung up our good clothes and lived out of our suitcases. There's a small fridge in the closet to hold your drinks and snacks and there were a couple of complimentary bottles of water. And the door to the bathroom is glass! (???) Our waiter/bartender, Kevin, was fantastic (very nice and very knowledgeable about the menu and the house's history). Breakfast 8:30 - 9:30 starts with a muffin and fruit and juice/coffee. Then you order off the menu (6 - 8 items mostly egg based) we ordered Tropical French toast. It was two pieces Banana Bread French Toast with cocoanut cream cheese and walnuts on top, plus bacon/sausage and scrambled eggs added on if you would like. Very filling (we skipped lunch). Dinner was in the small room straight back from where you check in (more cozy to us, but there's a nice dining room with a fireplace and a piano, if you'd like. Filet Mignon (husband) and Prime Rib (me) - very delicious; and don't forget to have dessert off the tray they bring around. We had the Mango Mousse - light and creamy and dipped in raspberry and mango sauce, yum! You can walk around the grounds, there's a gazebo with croquette gear and a pergola to sit under. Two minute drive up the road to BonnieView Golf Course - a nine-hole course that was half the reason we went. Don't forget to drive into town and also east of town is Miller Dairy for ice cream. A little dated, but the ice cream was very good; and there's a museum in the building that has farm and household implements to add a little more history to your visit.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My sister was married here just a few days ago and I am thrilled to report on what a wonderful place it was. Some of the bridal party stayed on the property, and we were able to get a late checkout for one of the cabins so the bride had a place to hide before the ceremony. The staff was attentive, the food was delicious, and the setting was picture perfect. I would absolutely consider staying here and dining on any trip to Eaton Rapids & would highly recommend this location for any wedding.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Great meal in a comfortable setting with a great bottle of wine served by an attentive wait staff. Beautiful grounds. A little out of the way but worth the trip. A B&B is also part of the building and worth exploring.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The English Inn is a step back in history. It is a beautiful old home with remarkable grounds located along the Grand River. A perfect place for weddings or a quiet overnight stay. The rooms are period decorated and each has a separate design. They are clean and perfectly furnished. The staff is welcoming and very friendly. Breakfast was amazing. Lunch and dinner menus offer a good selection of food. Coffe or tea delivered to your room at 7:30 was a nice touch.

Stayed: May 2017

Been to The English Inn? Share your experiences!