Review Highlights
A European cathedral experience in downtown Detroit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

from USD 18.89
from USD 27.00
from USD 75.00
More Info
All reviews lourdes grotto attend mass right next door greektown casino prayer beauty architecture grottos sacrament religious gem neighborhood concert
Reviewed 1 week ago

This Catholic church, in Greektown, near casinos and some of the best eating you will ever do, is a breathtaking peek into rich pageantry. Main chapel is huge and awe-inspiring, and the side chapels are intimate and evocative of walking into a cathedral in Spain or France. And if you can add to this the experience of hearing the Wayne State University Choral Union in massed concert at Thanksgiving time, count your blessings!! Heavenly!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Georgeous Church, Marble Pillars, Frescos, Stained Glass, Grotto, Rosewood Benches, Pipe Organ, This Church Has It All!!!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I was on my way to Greektown Casino when I spotted the church which is right next door. Couldn’t hurt to say a few prayers before playing? The church is gorgeous outside and inside, with fantastic stained glass windows and a huge organ. Very old school look to it - excellent.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Old School Catholic Church that brought back memories of a time gone by still proud to be Catholic and always will be

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Beautiful Catholic Church in Greektown in downtown Detroit. Mass daily at 12:15 pm. Appreciate the surroundings and give yourself a minute to sit and reflect.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I'm very biased when it comes to Old St. Mary's since I got married here in 2011! I had grown up loving the beautiful church and the Greektown neighborhood, and luckily my now-husband fell in love with it too. I don't live in Michigan anymore, but whenever I'm in Detroit I try to stop by. The ceilings are INCREDIBLE - truly like an old European cathedral. It's one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We stayed next door at Greektown Casino, many times. We finally had the opportunity to go in the church- amazing. So beautiful, so much history. The grottos inside are stunning. You do not need to be religious to appreciate the beauty of this church.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Also like to find a Sunday mass while traveling. This place was beautiful and the perfect spot to attend mass. Located in Greektown and was a nice 15 minute walk from my hotel. City streets were very quiet and it was a brisk but beautiful morning. Loved starting my day off here. thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

If you are traveling downtown Detroit you must top in the Old St. Mary's. It's just a quick walk from the ball parks in Greektown. Visit and pray for your loved ones. Then grab a gyro and enjoy the evening.

1  Thank MaryBeth41
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I have been here several times including a wedding and it is a gorgeous church. The architecture was inspiring and I felt like I was really in a church. They don't make them like this anymore!