“The chicken was so dry and disgusting”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet Water Tavern E
Ranked #598 of 1,188 Restaurants in Detroit
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I stopped in and the person at the counter told the couple who was in front of me that they only had the "Sweet Water Chicken" available which I guess is their mainstay. When I got to the counter I said that that is what I wanted to get. He told me that it would be from 15 - 20 minutes and 2 minutes later he had my food. HOW DO YOU GO FROM 15-20 MINUTES TO 2? I took the food, went in the rain back to my house to discover that the food was dry and just awful. I called back to the store and asked if the batch that I received was old or what and he said that everything was fresh and they only make it as it is ordered. 2 minutes to cook chicken?? Never again...

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

The bar is outdated and dark. Beer is overpriced. The "famous" wings are not good. Almost burnt bbq taste but they are supposed to be buffalo. Too many other good places in Detroit. Skip this one.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

If you want the real deal wings, I suggest you go to the main Sweetwater Tavern downtown Detroit. The staff is very nice there, but I ordered collard greens and they were out. My wife ordered mash potatoes and gravy and they were out of that too. Also, they told us that our food would be ready in 20 minutes, but it took more like 40 minutes. The chicken wings I ordered were okay, but I know Sweetwater Tavern downtown is much superior. If you're looking for food that will tie you over. If you're looking for food quality above fast food then go to the satellite Sweetwater Tavern at Harper East. If you're looking for the best wings in the city, go to Sweetwater Tavern downtown.

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

I will never return to this sorry excuse for a restaurant. The staff was exceptionally rude, the food was awful, everything was filthy and the atmosphere made the experience even more uncomfortable.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Sweet Water is one of my favorite Restaurants in Bricktown.The wings, ribs, salad and onion rings are Superb!!!! Just the thought makes my mouth water.You will be very satisfied after going there.Great food and atmosphere! Give it a try.

2  Thank Wojeski