“Atlas Global Bistro continues to impress me, in Detroit !”
Review of Atlas Global Bistro - CLOSED

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charlotte
Transit: Shuttle to theater events on certain evenings. Based on requests. Please note in your resevation if you interested in shuttle service.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Visited Atlas last night for dinner, marking it as my 4-5th time dining here. Avoiding the crazy Cinco de Mayo celebrations throughout the city, we found peaceful serenity and a wonderful dinner on a quiet oasis on Woodward avenue. We got a table with a view, right on Woodward avenue. The waiter, (Greg) was very nice and efficient without being to obtrusive and he recommended a tasty cocktail (The Hemingway Daiquiri) before I started dinner. My friend and I shared the duck confit which was on par with anything I've tasted in Paris and I loved the bed of "Beluga" lentils it was sitting on. As for appetizers, there were only 2-3 on the appetizer menu, the others consisted of salad or salad type appetizers. A few more apetizer selections would be nice. Ditto for the main course. We observed a limited menu, but maybe an additional entree or two would be nice? Of course, Greg explained that daily specials also existed. But, I'm fine with a simple menu, as opposed to a 3-4 page menu of multiple offerings. I'd rather the chef focus on quality, not quantity. My friend's pork medallion arrived to dry and well done, unfortunately. Greg offered to replace it, but my friend already ate half. My beef short ribs were divine, the sauce was amazing and the meat dripped off the bone. Greg also assured me my Syrah blend by the glass was from a freshly opened bottle, VERY GOOD ! Atlas continues to be one of my top choices in Detroit!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I took advantage of the Detroit Restaurant Week promotion and headed over to Atlas Global Bistro. We've passed this establishment many times driving down Woodward, and always thought about checking it out. It was wonderful! The service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant is open (high ceilings and large windows), but had a cozy, historic feel. Our server was very knowledgeable about the dishes served and what wine to pair with our choices. My husband had scallops (appetizer) and rib tips, I had a wedge salad and lamb chops. Everything was very tasty. We ended the meal with dessert--ice cream (vanilla gelato), with chocolate and frozen grapes for my husband, crème brûlée (sprinkled with pistachios) for me. The desserts each had an unusual twist to them (the vanilla gelato was very lightly sprinkled with pepper--and I could have done without the pistachios on the brûlée), but we were game to try something different. Our only disappointment is that the restaurant is closing this summer and apparently moving to another to-be-determined space downtown. Many of our friends frequent this restaurant and it certainly had a strong Midtown presence. . .it will be sad to see it leave this location, but happy that it will still be in the city. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I went there for Sunday's brunch as well as dinner on weekend night. They have great food, you can always find something different. Brunch was good. However, dinner was much, much better. Service was great. Good wine selection as well as bottomless mimosas.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Detroit is not dead! It has such a vibrant food scene with many quirky places. This is my 3rd trip to this restaurant,once for dinner and twice for sunday brunch.Great food,great service ,moderate prices in a restored old corner building. Try it out and support the "D"!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I had lunch here with some colleagues during a business trip to Detroit. It was adequate, nothing more. The most interesting dish on the menu was orecchiette with fennel sausage and radicchio - they were out of the fennel sausage, but it was available with chicken instead. Maybe it would have been really good with the fennel sausage, but it was boring with chicken. Onion soup was also acceptable