“A mainstay of the Detroit dining scene”
Review of Atlas Global Bistro - CLOSED

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charlotte
Transit: Shuttle to theater events on certain evenings. Based on requests. Please note in your resevation if you interested in shuttle service.
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I've been many times to Atlas, and am never disappointed. Went last night with a friend, and we had a wonderful time. The service was attentive, but the server also understood that my friend and I wanted space to converse and take our time. We both ordered the chimichurri steak, and it was fabulous---the cut of meat was delicious, juicy and tender; the seasoning was great; the vegetables and sauce garnish delish. My friend enjoyed her Argentine Malbec wine. Dinner was so good and so filling, we did not have room for dessert....too bad for the restaurant, but another bite would have been too much. The atmosphere is vibrant, full of patrons on their way to a show, or just enjoying a fine meal. I will return, again and again.

There are newer reviews for Atlas Global Bistro

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Atlas Global Bistro is a favorite downtown Detroit restaurant of mine. The upscale cuisine is international with a flair. The service is professional, friendly and unobtrusive. Always knowledgeable about the food and wine. The atmosphere is edgy with exposed brick, hardwood floors and lots of windows to look out onto Woodward Avenue. There is always a wonderful eclectic mix of people filling the room and you can have lunch or dinner here. Both menus are excellent. I highly recommend Atlas for wonderful food and great ambiance.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

If you are going to a downtown show or sporting event in Detroit the Atlas Global Bistro will provide you with a terrific pre-show dining experience. We arrived for early dinner via our hotel shuttle. The staff greeted us in an atmosphere that was wide-open and friendly. The wine list is deep, by the bottle, the glass or split. I enjoyed the Et Tu?-a variation of Caesar salad which was crisp and fresh. My partner loved the Risotto Nero with squid ink. The coffee is local roasted and wonderful. Do try the house-made Lemoncello crema!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We went to the DIA on a Friday evening and went looking for someplace to have dinner. Someone suggested Atlas...what a great idea! The restaurant has a relaxed, wood and window look. Excellent service from our waiter and excellent food from the kitchen. Pumpkin ravioli was yummy as we're the Korean Ribs. Valet parking was a plus.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Had dinner during Restaurant Week with friends. The place was packed, with a great vibe. The meal was very good, the service very good. I have been many times, and would rate it good to excellent, each time.