“Best Mexican Place in Detroit ”
Review of Taqueria Mi Pueblo

Taqueria Mi Pueblo
Ranked #7 of 1,247 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Really good and not expensive Mexican place. The workers are nice and attentive. I recommend this place.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2018

The best Mexican restaurant I've encountered east of San Francisco. Delicious tacos for less than $2 each. Enchilada mole is fantastic, and the mole sauce is available as a takeout!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

In town for work and came here on a Tuesday night. Place was very busy. When first arrive two types of salsa are served with chips. Both salsa and chips are very good.

Ordered a soda which was huuuuuuge. Today is taco Tuesday which means all tacos are $1. I ordered one al pastor, one carnitas, one chicken and one steak. The tacos were delicious. Each corn taco had double tortilla that was clearly just made. Onions and cilantro were perfect touches. The only negative was the hot sauce was at times overpowering the other flavors. I would suggest ordering the hot sauce on the side. 4 tacos, soda and tip came to $9.

If you like authentic tacos, this is definitely the place to go!

Tip: free parking on site.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great Mexican food. Very generous portions. Lots of choices of a la carte or combo plates. Most items had a choice of a dozen or so meat choices. For those not familiar with the cuisine, the menu had lots of photos of the choices. Only problem we had (that was not the restaurant's fault) was our GPS took us from Dearborn (The Henry Ford) through an area of a lot of scrap yards and auto recycling yards and dumped us out a couple of blocks away.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I was looking for a decent Mexican place and chosen for having #2 place among Mexican places in Detroit and also I like the pictures of the dishes. I was not disappointed. Margarita on rocks was the way I liked it and I also enjoyed the tortillas too. Guacamole was not exactly fresh, but good enough.Still, I enjoyed my dinner

Date of visit: September 2018