“Fantastic food”

Ranked #49 of 1,240 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

Ate here on a trip to the DIA, just a short walk away. Amazing food, large portions, great tastes and flavours. Reviews talk of slow service, but this was definitely not our experience. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant and we are eager to share it with family and friends.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank PurpleCaroB
Write a reviewReviews (176)

Reviewed 11 December 2019

As a vegetarian, I appreciated the menu selection. It's hard to find that at so many other restaurants. The appetizer of spicy cauliflower was very good. The dinner of the egg scramble was good, but....certainly not worth the cost. I could have the same thing at another diner or restaurant for half the price. My husband had the squash ravioli and said it was just okay; didn't have a lot of flavor. Based on our first experience there, I would not say that it is on my list to go back. They may have some good dishes, but my experience does not warrant a return trip.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant several times. The vegetarian options are wide. They are always delicious and the service is top notch. One of my favorite restaurants in Detroit!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 27 September 2019 via mobile

Best burrito ever! The service was great! The place has many seating options. Outside and inside. The dessert was not mu favorite but we had a great experience!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 17 September 2019

Although SEVA’s food is vegetarian most of it is prepared in a deep-fried manner that is certainly not healthy. Nonetheless, being vegetarian and working close to SEVA in midtown Detroit I used to have light lunches with friends on a summer day when we could sit out on the patio. Inside the restaurant the hygiene has always been questionable, i.e., sticky floors, filthy air, greasy silver wear and dirty tables, therefore we have been avoiding this area. Some customers even found bugs on the tables. The parking lot of the restaurant is beyond criticism; the surface is just dirt, mud and potholes filled with water. If you park there on a rainy day, you will be lucky to get into the restaurant without mud all over your shoes and clothes. Recently, my husband and I decided to have early dinner in SEVA. We had a horrible experience! The waitress was rude, definitely not customer-oriented and was not helpful with the food selection at all. Given the questionable hygiene, it should not come to you as a surprise that there was hair in the food we ordered. On top of it, the waitress overcharged us in the end for services we did not consume. The owner was supposed to contact us with apologies about the hair in the food and the overcharges but this had never happened. We will never visit SEVA again.

Date of visit: August 2019