“Sumptuous and Wide Selection of Fresh Seafood and Steaks”
Review of Joe Muer Seafood

Joe Muer Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Muer Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,247 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson Avenue
Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This restaurant offers a wide variety of excellent fresh seafood dishes. The atmosphere is eclectic and modern and the service is real "Fine Dining". They offer wonderful views of the Detroit River, overlooking the Canadian casinos on the other side. The Boston Clam Chowder is this and meaty. The Lobster Bisque is rich and delicious. The Dover Sole is outstanding and I loved the Monkfish. This is one of the best places to eat in Detroit!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank MontanaCraig

Reviewed 8 February 2018

One of the premier places to dine in Detroit. Service is impeccable and served with a smile. All of the food was prepared as requested. Except for the Calamari. It was too salty, I had to send it back.

I would recommend this restaurant to all that can afford it!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Love to eat there and look over at the river..The Dover of Sole is out standing!
Just love the atmosphere!
And one of the best servers is Keith! Very attentive and has a fun sociable personality.
We always ask for him!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank peppericka
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Grew up going to Muer’s, so getting a chance to have some of their classic food again was nice. We had the clam chowder, dynamite roll, cocktails, stuffed flounder and desserts. The dinner started off on an awkward foot, as we waited for more than 10 minutes in the restaurant’s valet line, because of how cold it was, and there were no parkers. Nobody anywhere, 4 cars waiting. So we have up, parked across the street and hustled inside. Told the front desk hostesses, and was told, well, not our fault. sorry. They really did not seem to care much. We were fine. Felt badly for the older people who really needed that valet and were left in the cold.

The service was excellent, the server was wonderful, and the food was good - but would not say it was exceptional or up to the price point. We spent 200 for 2 people.

I really want to like this place, but probably will not be back due to price and parking hassle.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank oreomau27
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner totally unplanned on a Wednesday evening so we didn’t have a reservation. They sat us at a table with a great view of the river and casinos on the Canadian side. We only waited about 15 minutes even though the restaurant was fairly crowded. I used the parking in the structure directly across from the restaurant entrance and the restaurant validated my parking ticket so it was 50% off. The seafood was really good, I had the Barramundi and I enjoyed it. My wife had salmon and said that was really good as well. The service was excellent, I don’t have any complaints about it at all. It’s fairly expensive but you should already know that if you read anything about it. My wife and I did not have any appetizers and we ordered a 1/2 bottle of Pinot Noir and two entrees and the bill with tip was a little over $150.00. We would go again for a special occasion, it was definitely nice.

Date of visit: January 2018