“Living The Dream”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pristine reefs just waiting for you to discover!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

HOODRICH2...
Mission Viejo, California
“Living The Dream”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed 11 nights (17th-28th). Weather was sunny, also enjoyed a day of rain and a little wind. Daryl and Nancy are above and beyond, kind and reliable - by far the best hosts we've ever encountered. They made sure we were taken care of in every way. Love you guys! From San Pedro we took a cab to Sambo Creek, spent the night at Villa Helen's, and took a day tour boat to the island (included a stop at the science station). The cabin is everything you'd want and more - windows offering a cool breeze and sounds of the ocean, clean, spacious, plenty of storage, great bathroom and shower, comfortable bed. We opted to have Francis cook all our meals and LOVED the food. The pantry is stocked with soda, alcohol, and snacks for a fee. The house, 2 cabins, and cabin over the water were all occupied but it never felt overcrowded - there are plenty of spots to hang out, and there was a bond sharing our temporary piece of paradise. The dock has a hut/bar set up with hammocks and a second story deck perfect for sunbathing. Pelicans fly by all day and at sundown eagle rays jump out of the water, then comes a killer sunset.The reefs are gorgeous. It doesn't get better than being able to walk off any part of the island to great diving. I became acquainted with the resident fish and every day offered surprise encounters. There is a neighbor cay we walked to at low tide and collected hermit crabs for fishing. Peligro (dog) swims across and likes to jump in the trees hunting iguanas. We took a boat to other islands to snorkel and hike, and to the Garifuna Village. Spending time with Rey, Francis, and their then 16 month old son Mario are fond memories we cherish. Rey is super cool, always smiling, patient, and was willing to teach us anything we wanted to learn. Francis is kind, has a lovely demeanor, a great sense of humor, and puts love in her work. It was the perfect opportunity to relax and connect. Even on island time it went by too fast and we were sad to leave. We're forever grateful for this experience and look forward to our path leading us back.

Liked best: Diving, Francis Cooking, Laying In Hammocks, The Dock
Liked least: Having To Say Goodbye
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
idmdxiend...
Tuvalu
“Your own island in the Caribean”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

If you wanna enjoy the beautiful white sand and transparent waters in an island in the Caribean, this is your place. Best price in the archipelago for the the confort and exclusivity provided.

Travelling group: Friends
Chrystele...
Portland, Oregon
“Simply perfect.”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We had a wonderful time in the 3 bed octogonal bungalow (2 beds and one sofa bed). And after checking out the other options once on the island, this turned out to be my favorite. We were very lucky to find this place last minute as we had previously been staying at the Omega lodge in the jungle. Daryl was the perfect host: communication was excellent and prompt. He offered to make the reservation for the boat for us, making it really easy. I would suggest making sure you have all your electronics/passports secured in ziploc bags for the crossing (2 other guests staying with us got their i-phone and camera lense wet/damaged). Once there, it's simply perfect: quietness insured, nothing to do but admire the pelicans, read in the shade that abounds, and snorkel (water shoes are a plus if you want to explore more). And of course just show up 3 times a day for Fransi's good cooking if you have opted for the cooked meal option. If there are particular fruit/vegetable that you like, I would mention it to Daryl to make sure you get them. It was lovely to talk with Fransi's husband, Jose, the friendly caretaker, in Spanish, as he is a good source if you want to learn more about the culture/customs of Honduras. Overall, A+++ for this experience. I'll be sure to recommend it to my friends and family, and I really hope we get to go back. Thank you Daryl.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Kelly P
Girdwood, Alaska
“Marvelous Adventure/Island Getaway”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Our trip was a spur of the moment adventure and much needed island getaway. Being such it was all last minute planning for transport to Cayos... Plane, taxi, boat...BUT Daryl was extremely helpful in it all and made sure we had safe, reliable transport between the airport in Ceiba and the island. We felt transported to the South Pacific and enjoyed our unreal other world like experience. Wonderful snorkeling, water and fun! We had terrific food including fresh fish several times. My only advice is to wear sunblock (seriously!) and be ready for a possible wet boat ride out there! Magical and whimsical!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How remote it was and still such great service!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Alexander...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Once in a lifetime location, will stay with me forever”
Reviewed 8 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Daryl was incredibly helpful before and during my month long stay. He went to great lengths insuring my arrival to the island went smoothly, even picking me up from my hotel and taking me to the boat in Sambo Creek and meeting me the day before to get a local sim card to help me communicate with home. During my stay we kept in touch and he sent out supplies and even helped me replace my phone when it stopped working. He is a very nice and laid back guy who is there to answer any questions or help you out in any way he can. The island is a paradise with lovely accomodation and incredible surroundings. There is some of the best reef in the world metres from the dock and beautiful views in all directions. I have never seen so much sea life in such a concentrated area (eagle rays, puffer fish, squid, lobster, an endless variety of beautiful fish). I stayed in one of the cabins (basically a spacious bedroom and a bathroom) and didn't need anything else. If you want a bit more luxury then the house is perfect. Jose and Francie (who are the live-in caretaker/cook etc) are incredibly lovely people. Francie's food is delicious and she is very accomodating to dietary needs and preferences etc. Despite their limited English I became good friends with them both spending time fishing, improving my spanish and just hanging out. The atmosphere on the island is truly unique and is something that has to be experienced to be understood. I spent the month writing music and it was the most productive and inspiring period of my life. I will remember my time there for the rest of my life. I cant recommend this place enough but like a few other reviewers I'm reluctant to let anyone else in on the secret. If you are considering it then look no further. A once in a lifetime experience and a must visit if you want relax on a paradise island.

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing