“Best around here”
Review of Lum's Chop Suey

Lum's Chop Suey
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We used to have 3 Chinese food restaurants in the area, but Lum’s is the lone survivor! Thank God their pepper steak, sweet n sour chicken, and fried rice is good! Whenever we get s craving, we go to Lum’s.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

If you dine-in the place isn't really much to look at, not much in the way of decor, a bare bones kind of place. I prefer to get carryout anyways. The food is good and they provide generous food portions. Excellent egg foo young, almond chicken, and sweet and sour chicken here.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

John Lum is a neighborhood family owned Chinese restaurant where you can dine in or carry out. I have done both. What ever you order you get enough for a second meal. I really like the sweet and sour chicken, crab rangoon and my husband loves there shrimp fried rice because its full of shrimp. Only thing is you do not get is soup or rolls like you get at other Chinese restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

This place has been around for years. Their prices are great. They give you large portions. Their sweet and sour chicken and chicken fried rice are excellent. The General Taos so not very good and I would not recommend it

1  Thank lorired
Reviewed 26 January 2015 via mobile

With all of these great reviews I was expecting more... the dining areas not bad at all in my Op, small but clean and very warm on this cold winter night.
Based on the reviews I tried the almond chicken and was not expecting deep-fried chicken planks with an almond dipping sauce and what they called fried rice... Maybe this is more authentic than what I'm used to? But to me the rice seemed more like it had just been drizzled in soy sauce, was not at all like the fried rice I've ever eaten anywhere? It usually comes with small diced vegetables in it and has that stirfry caramelized taste to it... A huge amount of food,, I myself would much rather have a smaller amount of higher-quality food.
The staff was very friendly and a couple customers came in who are also very loyal, friendly and even gave me menu recommendations which is why I would give this place a second chance with a dish that I'm more familiar with ~