“Wonderful night at the Bistro Guillaume”
Review of Bistro Guillaume

Bistro Guillaume
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Burswood
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2024

Very stylish restaurant! We decided to sit on the balcony. Wonderful view!
We found waiters very professional and friendly and always filling up our wine glass and making sure everything was okay!
We ordered the smoked salmon and the Octopus for starters!
Followed by the crab linguine and the cheese platter! Everything delicious !
We definitely couldn’t fault anything.
We are looking forward to returning soon.

Date of visit: January 2024
1  Thank kirrabilly

Reviewed 26 November 2023 via mobile

Pre show diners get sat at the front of the restaurant we felt like we were sat in a corridor as everyone walked past us to get to their seats with several people bumping my chair. Terrible dining experience!!

The male manager is rude, don't dare tell him something is wrong.. very arrogant!

I ordered the chicken & paris mash, the portion was large & it was cooked well, but to be honest it's nothing out of this world and something you can do the same at home. It also felt like something was missing, maybe some veg.

My wife had the gnocchi and she did really enjoy it but said she prefers Italian gnocchi better.

The profiteroles were nothing special, no custard just filled with ice cream, you get 3 in a serve.

The service was the most disappointing thing. There was alot of staff and some just standing around with their hands behind their backs and most not getting eye contact with diners, so you have to put your hand in the air.

Not once was our sparkling water or wine topped up by staff. For the price you pay that's not fine dining.

That's us, we are done with this place!!

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 1 November 2023 via mobile

I should preface this lower score by saying my partner loved his meal. Oysters were fresh and he really enjoyed the crab pasta.
I was disappointed with my choices.
The soufflé was very cheesy but as a stand alone dish - no salad, no garnish there was nothing to cut thru the cheesiness and it was way too rich.
Then I had FOD which was Exmouth cod. This was a very thick and small piece - but the way it was cooked meant the fish was tough. The ravioli served with it was Luke warm like it had waited on the pass for something else to be ready. It was also served with a cheesy style sauce - again super rich.
We also had the grilled broccolini which was fine.
All in all disappointing. I remember the days at crown where the bread was free and you could have as many pieces as you liked. Now it’s $3 per piece.

Date of visit: November 2023
1  Thank Lottieperth
Reviewed 21 August 2023

the worst food ive ever had and this is supposed to be fine dining? Nothing like french food. The double cheese souffle is literally the only good thing on the menu, our tenderloin was not freshly made and tough as leather, the cous cous had no flavour and just tasted like converyor belt food. Swordfish was tough and dry and flavourless. We didnt bother to stay for dessert, they brought out a crappy little chocolate with a birthday message and thats all not event a cupcake.
Furthermore when i complained to the staff they made me feel bad saying. "oh youre the first to complain" which is bull crap because I have since then checked google reviews and they have a tonne of reviews with the same complaints as mine and I wish i said more or refused to pay. I am so disappointed, Ive lived in france and this is not french food nor did it resemble any type of fine dining or let alone quality food.

Date of visit: August 2023
Review collected in partnership with Crown Resorts and Medallia
Reviewed 7 August 2023 via mobile

I finally decided to try Bistro after living in Perth for ten years. My partner convinced me despite my insistence that I'm not a fan of French food. Well, hadn't I been missing out!
Service - excellent
Food - exceptional
Cost - great value

We decided none of the entrees was saying, try me so instead, opting to go for two courses having desert over entrees
I had the beef tenderloin high qa cooked to perfection and delicious. My partner had the lamb, which she kindly let me try, which was also amazing.
For deserts, we had the profiteroles that were nice but nothing amazing. However, the soufflè was out of this world.
The total price for two courses, two cocktails and a bottle of wine was around $240. More than average for dinner, but for the service and quality of food, I felt it was really good value.
The week before, we had been to Atrium restaurant for Christmas in July, and spent the same kind of money, and the two are like chalk and cheese in terms of service, food, and occasion.
It definitely won't be ten years until my next visit. Bistro may well be my new favourite restaurant in Perth.

Date of visit: August 2023