1,734 results
All reviewscrown metropolluxe kingpool arealuxe viewloft suiteatrium restaurantroom servicespa roomcar parkswan riverbistro guillaumegreat roommodo miomy birthdayfood courtan upgradevalet parking
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night in a king suite room 543
Nice view and comfortable bed but the flashing lights all night outside the curtains didn’t stop. I had trouble getting the lights working and gave up. The room card slot had something stuck in it. I complained only to be told I had to upgrade at expense as no other room.
Reception staff rude and not welcoming st all. More interested in getting your credit card. The buffet at $65 a total rip off. I had the same buffer in Vegas for ten bucks.
Never stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night on 4th March 2018

There was a serious lapse of security and breach of personal privacy when one of the staff members dashed right into our room within 2secs of ringing the bell despite the "do not disturb" sign being activated.

Obviously we were naturally shocked and had our modesty outraged when we were napping in our half naked state.

Amid the confrontation with the duty manager at the front desk, he justified that the blatant act of privacy intrusion was one which resulted from a miscommunication among their staff following a request made for a room change.

This certainly underlines serious management responsibilities as they were justifying the recklessness of their male staff member and not showing concern at all when one's modesty has been outraged.

So ignoring the fact that a grave mistake has been made, they were just blatantly shielding their staff from a shameless act and suggesting that a protocol training will be provided. All they could offer was a Aud$75 dining vouchers as a form of closure.

As a fervent supporter of Crown's accommodation and services, this incident has left a bad sting in all of our past 5stars Crown experiences.

Today i'm still dismayed at the fact that no conclusive justification has been made and ridiculed at the outrage of our modesty.

Would anyone have your modesty outraged for just Aud$75 dining vouchers?

I believe this is far from 5 Stars Crown standard and hoping that a reasonable resolution ought to be achieved.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Umedale,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I would like to extend my apologies for our staff member entering your room unannounced. Rest assured, we have addressed this with the team to avoid any future occurrences.

I believe my team has been in contact with you several times to address your concerns, and regret to hear you feel this matter is unresolved.

Damian O'Donnell
Crown Metropol Perth

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Having booked on Booking.com 3 months prior as part of our family vacation, we experienced a disappointing stay. It took us near 30 minutes to check in, when we were the only ones checking in at the counter. We had booked 2 rooms, but the hotel first offered us 1 room. I then showed them the booking confirmation of 2 rooms, and this seemed to take for ever to allocate, whilst the hotel was not full. Having 2 kids we asked for an inter leading room or adjacent room. We were given a rooms around the corner from each other. Given the inconvenience, I asked the hotel to offer us a free breakfast. We were told they would speak to the duty manager, and let us know. We also asked for a newspaper in the morning.

The events were:
1. No communication from the hotel as to the duty managers response
2. No newspaper delivered
3. A belligerent duty manager in the morning, who informed me that
- booking.com is not their appointed agent, thus the mix up of rooms
- they would not offer us a free breakfast as an apology for a Long and delayed checkin, only 1 room first allocated and no apology for no news paper delivery as asked for
4. At breakfast at AUD36.00 per person, you still need to pay extra for a cappuccino?
5. At the Swimming pool, all of the gazebo’s were empty, as these were all additional charge for items. The pool area was largely empty, and the elitist approach taken by the hotel, which touts to be a 5 star hotel was really disappointing.

The positives were:
1. Rooms were of good quality
2. The staff in the breakfast area were attentive. Special positive mention to Flo and Katie for Super service.

In summary, check in and front desk management were poor, unnecessary additional charges were not appropriate, and I would not recommend the hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 123Seansg

Dear 123Seansg,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, I was glad to hear you enjoyed your guest room and appreciate your feedback regarding Flo and Katie - I will ensure your comments are shared with them.

I would like to apologise for what was clearly a disappointing arrival experience and poorly communicated follow up. If you are amenable, would you mind contacting the Front Office Manager to discuss further on +61 8 9362-7684?

Damian O'Donnell
Crown Metropol Perth

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have stayed here a few times for both work and pleasure. The rooms have been modernised, are of a good size and still have the lovely bath with that you can watch TV from! With access to great restaurants, there are too many choices to get through. However, I would say the business services are limited (centre opens late and closes early 4.30pm which does not make sense) and the breakfast starts late for a business traveller (6.30 am). More suited to the tourist who has time to hang out.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great stay at this hotel. Asked and got a quiet room, Nice bathroom. The hotel has a superb lobby with a variety of restaurants including a very good Buffet. The lobby is a fantastic lively, vivid place. A beautifull pool area. I wonder though why this great pool comes with very cold water (and is not heated). Overall though this is "The Hotel " you want to stay in when in this area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo