“Overhyped”

Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Burswood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2024

After trying to get a booking for years finally managed to score one so this was a highly anticipated visit.

We got given a highchair for our toddler but no cutlery or water until I specifically asked for them.

I am allergic to prawn and asked for the prawn to be swapped to something else server told me that it would be up to the chef.

Got the bento boxes and they looked nice but tasted pretty mediocre. We have been to Japan a few times so perhaps we have higher expectations but you could get this at your local Japanese restaurant. The sushi was just seaweed sushi, pretty lame for a 5 star restaurant.

The only thing that actually met my expectations was the miso cod, only thing worth the hype, only thing I would go back for.

Servers did not know of common Japanese dishes when asked for something.
Overall awkward and snobbish atmosphere.
Only the lady that walked us into our table and processed payment seemed to have actual customer service skills and made up for the lack of everyone else.

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed 1 June 2024

Dining at nobu was one of the most regrettable decisions we’ve made. I made a reservation a few days before, specifically mentioning it was for our friend’s daughter’s birthday (she’s 14). So there’s no excuse AT ALL for whatever happened.
We were given a table at 8.45pm, and upon entering we were greeted and seated. After that, it was absolute chaos. NOBODY came to take our order until we had to wave to get attention, then it seemed like the waiters just ran helter skelter, and nobody knew how to take our orders properly, neither we were given a designated waiter. Again and again, we had to wave to get their attention, just to place our orders. Once, only once did they come to ask if we needed help. The rest of our experience almost just rested of whichever waiter’s attention I could get. Finally when we managed to order desert, I raised my dissatisfaction with a senior member, mentioning it was supposed to be a wonderful dinner experience for us but it was horrible as no one of the waiters had any finesse, nobody could speak proper English, all the staff and the entire atmosphere at Nobu seemed like a fish market and sadly we still did not have a designated waiter. Once again I had to try and get the attention of SOMEONE to pay, and even then, the waiter turned and walked away! By now it was a complete joke already. We waited a whole 5 minutes even to get our bill, so I finally stood up and walked to the front, just to see if they even realised I had not paid. Instead, they ushered me out and again had NO IDEA what was happening. This place and experience seems like a joke for the stupid prices we pay for a taco the size of dog vomit. I asked to speak with the manager, and low and behold .. we were ushered to the front door for payment. At the end of this bitter experience, I would ask people to please not think that just because you dine at Nobu and you pay super high prices it’s going to be amazing. Humans deserve better for the stupid prices we pay for supposed fine-dining. Even a Macca’s drive through experience is far more rewarding.

Reviewed 29 May 2024

Sensational evening with such wonderful food that left us longing for our next visit The staff so friendly and enthusiastic to recommend some truly magical dishes. Thank you to the most welcoming smile Veronica, a wonderful lady who just loves her position and it emanates radiantly.The chefs and kitchen staff -Sugureta (superior).

Reviewed 19 May 2024 via mobile

Second time dining at Nobu, and it was yet another amazing experience. Staff were very be attentive, constant water refills, plate replacements after each dish. Couldn't recommend going to Nobu enough.

Reviewed 19 May 2024 via mobile

We shared 10 different dishes. Each serving was delicious and immaculately presented. The attention to detail from the staff was impeccable. Highly recommend. Can't wait to return.