“Paddle and Hike”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Christmas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The weather was overcast and rainy, but the adventure was amazing! I’ve been on the cruise, but this tour takes you up close, under, and through. Loved going into the small caves. The kayaks are easy to navigate and the pace was easy going. The spray skirts really saved us from getting soaked.

We stopped at Mosquito Beach for lunch. The black flies were really bad but the Deep Woods Off seemed to help. The only outhouse was boarded up, so be prepared to go into the woods.

The hike afterwards was easy and the park is beautiful. I won’t give it away, but you’ll have an extra treat toward the end.

Highly recommend this tour!

All reviews
"slow pace"
"launch point"
"lovers leap"

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We took the sunset kayak tour. The weather and water were beautiful. We had a great time but I had 2 complaints. 1.) Our guide could not find the sunken ship and 2.) when we got out of the kayaks, there was no transportation to take us back to our cars. We waited alone in the dark being eaten by mosquitoes for 20 minutes. 13 of us were left in a dark, wooden area with NO cell service, no idea when a bus was coming and our guide left to return the kayaks. Uncle Ducky Tours knew how many people signed up for the tour, should have know what time of sunset. Why didn't they have adequate transportation waiting for us.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Our sunset paddle got cancelled 2 days in a row due to weather. I’m disappointed as this paddling experience is why we chose to visit the UP. With that being said, I respect and am most appreciative of the staff at Uncle Ducky’s, and their sense of responsibility/safety concerns.I would much rather be disappointed than in dangerous waters. We got a full refund since they canceled paddle. Good business. I would definitely choose this guide service again based on my experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this trip last November. We hesitant about the full day trip. But it turned out to be spectacular. The weather was perfect. The staff is very helpful and courteous. Our guide, Joe was awesome!