All reviewsbudget hotelbreakfast roomyogurtwould stay here againbed was comfortabletraverse cityfirst floorclean roomscadillac areacleanlinesslakeawardrepairhighway
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We spent one night here in July, and chose this site over a much more expensive motel in the region.
The room was awesome, with fabulously comfortable beds and great air conditioning. I didn't notice a pool or hot tub.
There is free breakfast, but we opted for breakfast at the restaurant next flow. We got 10% discount with our motel key.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank OkArtist
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. We appreciate our guests and hope you will come and see us again when you are in the area. Have a great summer.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

The motel is located very close to the lakes in Cadillac which I think most people would find appealing. For a budget-type motel I thought the beds were very comfortable. The rooms seem to be clean and odor-free. There is no hot food at the free breakfast, but if cereal and bagels and the like work for you (as they do for me) then I think you can eat there and save money versus dining out. If not, McDonald's and another restaurant is close by. All things considered I liked the location and I think the motel is a good value for the money. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim C
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Thank you for your response on your stay with us. I personally love the location of our hotel. You can walk to many sights and restaurants and Lake Cadillac can be seen from our front door. Please come and see us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Motel stile room with one door to go inside and another nice glass door/window to the parking lot, what is kind o nice to be that close to your car. Seems to be renovated but more externally than internally. Strong smell inside the room, probably people smokes inside. Poor breakfast, nothing hot and bananas as the only fruit, if you are not z breakfast person is ok. Quick check in and out. For a couple of nights of s fishing trip, for the price sounds fair enough.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Our hotel is 100% smoke free but some people just don't follow the rules. We do try to keep our rooms clean and smoke free. Please come see use again when your in town, maybe we can change your mind on our hotel. It is centrally located with many things in the area to do and see. While your hear ask the desk staff about the many restaurants in the area that will give you a discount for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Don't let the Econo Lodge name stop you from checking inn. I've been coming here for several years and always have been completely satisfied. Clean Clean Clean. Up to date and always friendly. Just a few miles out of town but lake accross the street.

Room Tip: Let them know if you want 1st floor, second floor, lake view.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank TESTER_689
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Thank You for staying with us when your in town. We take pride in your comfort and look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Was there for a short ski weekend.
This is one of those places that has a really small bathroom with nowhere to place anything down. Regular old box type TV and all in all, very austere.
The breakfast room is how I would imagine a prison dining room, very cold and the sound echoed off the walls.
Very basic with no frills.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends