“Great family vacation, even in the summer!”

Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first trip here during the summer off season. While most people know that Boyne offers the best skiing in Michigan, many people probably don't know that they have a nice amount of relaxing activities in the summer as well. Outside of the golf, you can ride the chairlift, zip line, horseback riding, a nice pool and spa. I would recommend giving Boyne a chance in the summer, you won't regret it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa

Reviewed 11 April 2017

A beautiful place to go to with family. Lots of activities for the kids and lots of fun.The adventure starts with waterpark then to the adventure center where lots of activities for teenagers to do. The weather was nice that going out was just a feel of breeze. We also took advantage of their complimentary activities they offer at the hotel to include making the Spring time wreath ,Silly sand monster , Bonfire with s'mores, Wagon rides and Family movie to top off the night.
The Salzburg Suite is a 3 BR that accommodate my family so comfortably. It is very spacious and the kids room with bunk beds is so unique. My 3 year old daughter love going up and down in the swirling stairs. You can even camp out at night in the balcony and look at the moon and stars with the back drop of the man made lake.
I love that they also offer military discounts. This place is on top of my list for quick getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers get views of the mountain. Top floor is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I would put this spa up against any that I've used. I travel a lot and usually find a way to work in a massage. First class at Mountain Grand. The therapists are top notch!

Great steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. The staff was very accommodating!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We took a three day trip to ski and snowboard. Stayed at the blue green timeshares. Had a blast! Good runs, always grooming. The bar at the top of the main lift is a must visit. The heated pool was cool indoor/outdoor. Comfortable after being sore!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I was a first time guest at Boyne. We chose this location due to the amenities, variety of skiing terrain and family atmosphere. This review covers 12/28 - 1/1. The property was crowded due to the holiday season but this was to be expected. Also, the room rates were high relative to the value, but again this is to be expected during a holiday week.

We stayed in a standard 2 Queen Room in the main lodge. The room was clean and had a view of the parking lot. A mountain view would have been nicer but this was fine for our purposes as we weren't in the room much. The maid service showed up every day while we were out. The room was nicely situated - near the indoor/outdoor heated pool and spas and water park (attached to the hotel). I would recommend staying in the main lodge due to the convenience factor.

Our package included breakfast and ski lift tickets. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good, I would recommend choosing this option if you plan to ski. In general I was impressed by the food choices - we ate at the Trophy Room, Forty Acres, Everett's and the Cafeteria. All were priced moderately and had better than average food.

The Ski Camp for kids was great - our daughter really enjoyed it - and the skiing conditions were good while we were there due to the lake effect snow. I appreciated the free ski valet for storing skis overnight. The ski rental process was very efficient and the staff was friendly. I would recommend booking the ski camp/lessons ahead of time as they booked up during our stay.

There were a number of free activities every day such as story time, s'mores by the fire, free horse drawn carriage rides, etc. - this was a nice touch. Overall the resort provided a good value and didn't nickel and dime for everything.

On New Year's Eve there were a ton of fun activities for adults, kids and families. The torchlight ski parade down the mountain and fireworks were entertaining and there were a number of parties right on the property.

Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely consider Boyne Mountain again in the future!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
32.9 km away
Boyne Highlands Resort
Boyne Highlands Resort
#2 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!