All reviews boyne mountain the main lodge water park avalanche bay ski lift deer lake trophy room golf outing great place for families chair lift bedroom suite entire family grand lodge zip lining lawn games indoor waterpark ahead of time
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I bought a season pass this year to try and learn to ski. Well with 550 dollar a night rooms, I won’t be visiting much. If you were thinking this was a holiday weekend it wasn’t. That 550 was for a single queen room in the outdated lodge. The front desk was clueless when you asked them questions. They don’t know what customer service is.

Lastly, I’ve read the managements response for these reviews and they’ve been horrible. They really don’t know how to fix the falling apart hotel that is Boyne Mountain.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank sambotal
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I have The MAX Pass ski pass and have skied mainly in the east. I had the great opportunity to come to northern Michigan and ski Boyne Mountain this week. I have had a fantastic two days at the resort and can't wait to try night skiing this week and end with another day on Saturday. From the first Ambassador I met at the drop off location on Saturday, to the ticket staff, to the lift operators and the lodge food services staff, everyone has been so welcoming to this New Englander. The mountain is over 400 acres and has a ton of lifts that despite great snow and a holiday weekend, there are hardly ever any lift lines over 3-5 minutes, tops! The snow really is great considering the recent rain last week. Amazing really the recovery Boyne's Mountain Ops crew has done.

Just driving through the parking lot tells you what a destination spot this is: I thought my Massachusetts plates were the farthest, but then the list began to grow and today I saw we were sharing the mountain with skiers and boarders from Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, and the distance winner from Arizona - 2,000 miles!

Snow, hospitality, and amazing services - oh and the 20'X20' dual screens showing Warren Miller movies in the lodge dining area make for a unique and memorable family experience. Come ski & ride!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Breakfast for 4=$100, 2 nights at clock tower $1100, rentals not included $$$ ! Rooms very outdated and small, no microwave. Spent two nights Jan 2-4th, there was plenty of snow with a 58" base. Temperature was about 0, why they decide to run snow making machines during the DAY, when it's not even necessary is beyond me. Skiing with snow blown in your face in freezing temperatures is NOT very enjoyable!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My family visited for the 2nd time over NYE (well, first time over NYE but second visit overall). Since it was very expensive and I rely heavily on TA for travel advice I'll give the good and the bad. More good than bad so let's start with that.

Good - The rooms are very comfortable and well decorated. Even though we only had 1 Queen with sofa pullout we slept our family of 5 well. We brought along air mattresses for 2 of our kids and had plenty of room. The buffet breakfast was well done and the gentlemen working the pancakes and omelet bar were super sweet and friendly. We loved the water park and it was so easy to get food and it's fairly laid back. Really enjoyed indoor/outdoor pool as well as outdoor hot tub and they did a great job maintaining temp even though it was 0 degrees outside. We love skiing at Boyne and love the high speed lift, though wish they had more of them. Most everyone around the resort is very friendly. Everything is very close together and there is lots to do for everyone.

The not so good - Check in. WOW. I know it's a busy time but the fact that we could not get our room until almost 2 hours after check in is INSANE. Check-in is already absurdly late at 5pm. They told me they would call me when my room was ready. I checked back every 30 min and then when I came back again they were surprised no one had called me because my room was ready. GRRRRRR When I asked if I could check out 2 hours later on my check out day they told me they doubted it because they were full that week. NOT HAPPY. Also not good was the housekeeping. Mind you, the people who did housekeeping were very sweet so I don't want this to reflect on them at all but the resort was CLEARLY understaffed. The first day we did not get housekeeping and I had to track people down to give them my garbage and get new towels. The second day they came at 9am which is really early when you are trying to get 3 kids ready to eat breakfast, ski, etc. I asked them to come back a bit later and of course they didn't.

We paid just shy of $3k for everything which included lift tix and water park but that is still a lot of money for 3 nights. They need to be better prepared for holiday crowds. We booked our trip months out and they had plenty of notice the place would be a zoo during the holidays.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Emily N, Marketing at Boyne Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled that you had a positive stay with us - as this is what we as a resort strive for with each and every guest. You certainly highlighted some of our favorite aspects of our resort - lots of shops, dining options, and opportunities for fun, just steps away from your room.

We would like to offer an apology for the parts of your stay that did not meet your expectations - or ours. The holiday period is our busiest time of the year by quite a lot, so we do staff appropriately so that we're able to continue to maintain the same high standard of both quality and efficiency that we strive during all times of the year. This year, there was a technical issue in our laundry department that was entirely out of our control which meant our Laundry, Housekeeping, and Lodging teams had to work harder than ever. We're very proud of how they rose to the occasion and brought their best to the table each day, but we also know that this behind-the-scenes issue wasn't readily obvious to our guests, and that not all of your expectations were met. For that, we're very sorry, and would assure you that this is not our standard.

We hope that you'll come again to enjoy all that our resort has to offer.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

What a great place to spend time with the family. So many things to do each night nobody gets bored. Spa time to water sliding it all within walking distance. Plus unbelievable skiing, need I say more.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family