“"Great for a quick meal"”

Cranker's Coney Island
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Big Rapids
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

At first glance, i didn't support the smell inside, it was a mix of beer and junk food but then i got used to it. When I went there it was "ladies night" which means food and beverage are half price for girls. The food was good, i love their french fries, I enjoy eating there because it looks like a "american dinner" that why I think I enjoy it because we don't have this type of restaurant in France, where people are that friendly and where you have to seat yourself.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

My family and I have enjoyed their food for years but lately the neglect or lack of care is everywhere you look. The dust hanging from the ceiling, the flies in the window sill and general disrepair is now overwhelming. The service was decent. The food this time was not up to par. The hash browns were greasy, burnt and bitter. I am afraid to think about the cleanliness in the kitchen. My son begs to go here but we will not let him anymore.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We paid way too much for crappy food and very unprofessional service. Beers were not impressive. Onion ring appetizer was literally dripping grease on the floor as they were being carried out to us. My husband asked for blue cheese dressing on his salad, but he received ranch. I had brisket, husband had bbq combo, both came out cold. And, neither tasted like they were freshly smoked. I asked where the meat came from, thinking it would be local since there are so many cattle farms in the area. The server didn't know, and neither did the owners wife! "It's from our vendor". Save your money! We will never be going back. There are too many other GOOD places to eat!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Food was cold. Employees fighting. One employee was carrying around fireworks. Poorly dressed staff. Not good at all.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Traveling through Big Rapids on the way to Mackinaw Region so we decided to reprise our previous visit to the restaurant we enjoyed so much. Different wait staff due to new crop of Ferris State students being in town. Decent service, decent food, not the same flair. It seems in an effort to remake the place into a brewpub the atmosphere falls by the wayside. Hipster emphasis among staff and patrons and most of the activity now occurs on the brewery side of the building. Loud obviously intoxicated patrons in the booths nearby ran us out of the place as soon as we could finish our meals.