“Doubletree Bay City Riverfront, MI does not truly care about their guests”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This area apparently has a park concert, at least on Wednesday, August 23rd, that is located near the hotel - near enough that you can hear the concert, very clearly, through the windows. The music was good so that's a plus. The problem is, Doubletree allows anyone to park in their parking lot so guess, what, there was no parking available for me or any one else trying to check in after being on the road and working all day. When I went to the front desk they directed me to a parking garage slightly around the corner. The hotel's parking garage was nearly full but I managed a spot. I confronted the desk again and asked why they didn't station a security guard at the hotel's parking lot entrance. I didn't get a good response, only an excuse when they stated that the hotel was also hosting a 200-person dinner and that "probably" was the reason why the lot was full. I said, "probably," so that means you're not sure. I told them that I witnessed concert-goers carrying lawn chairs from their vehicles in the hotel's lot and told them again that they should be putting their customers first and ensuring that we have parking available. I then asked about security in the parking garage and was told that there is security but they only patrol the parking garage every few hours. This is totally unacceptable. I hope you learn from this Doubletree. I guarantee you that I was not the only person who complained about this, on this very night, and from the small attitude I received from the front desk, I bet it has happened before.

Room Tip: Riverside view is best.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We do regularly schedule security to manage our parking lot for concerts. The last few weeks have not been an issue at all and we felt like it was not needed so we did cut back on monitoring. That particular concert ended up having much larger attendance than we expected and it sounds like we should have scheduled security that night. I apologize as these concerts have really been tough to manage this year. We will make adjustments accordingly. I will also address any attitude you received from our staff. As you can see from the majority of our Tripadvisor reviews, our staff is typically very kind and helpful. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss further. I would like to make sure a future stay goes as seamless as possible should you try to return. Take Care! Leslie.Thompson@Hilton.com

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Have stayed here probably 5 times. Rooms are always spotless, staff is friendly. Good location, within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Next to the park and bandshell and walking trail by the river. My only complaint is the food served at weddings and business functions rates only ok. Nothing special at all in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. We discuss all comments/concerns with our department heads on a weekly basis. I apologize that we have not "wowed" you with our food, but I assure you we will keep trying! Please let me know if I can help with anything during your next stay with us. Take Care! Leslie.Thompson@Hilton.com

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel on the waterfront. Great location for walking to the new art district, antique store and downtown bay city.
Clean hotel, friendly staff. Comfortable bar are and restaurant can eat inside or outside on the riverfront

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
JenaMLowell, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to have you back with us and look forward to the next time =)

Reviewed 21 August 2017

spent a night here for a conference. Hotel has a great spot right on the river. Room was clean, comfortable, and modern. Conference facilities were top notch and the restaurant had good food. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear you got to experience a guest room and our conference center. Hopefully we can earn 5 stars from your next stay with us =)

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Excellent hotel. Lovely location, good staff, clean rooms and relaxing atmosphere. I come out of my way to stay at this location, opting to drive an extra 30 mins to my work trip destinations just because I prefer staying here than surrounding towns. It's worth it for a less stressful stay and a good place to unwind.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind review- we are thrilled that you go out of your way to stay with us. We hope to see you back soon and we will keep a cookie warm for you! Take Care and let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns. Leslie.Thompson@Hilton.com