“Very good food and service”
Review of Riverfront Grille

Riverfront Grille
Ranked #9 of 203 Restaurants in Bay City
Price range: USD 8 - USD 26
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Riverfront Grille at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bay City Riverfront, is the crown jewel of casual upscale dining in downtown Bay City. The relaxed atmosphere is great for everyday dining and all special occasions. Indulge in American and regional cuisine at our riverfront restaurant, featuring seasonal outdoor seating and spectacular views. Or relax in the evening with your favorite cocktail in our Riverfront Lounge featuring local microbrews and Michigan wines. The food and drink we offer meets the highest standards of quality, freshness and seasonal availability and combines both modern-creative and traditional styles of cooking.
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We ate breakfast for three days and dinner twice in this restaurant during a recent stay at the hotel. We really enjoyed the friendly and very attentive service and delicious food. The breakfast buffet had a variety of cold cereals, fresh fruits, eggs. bacon, sausages and shredded hash browns. There were a selection of breads, bagels and English muffins and the world’s slowest toaster to toast them in! I quickly learned to put my English muffin down to toast before getting any of my other food. There was yogurt, oatmeal and a special 4th hot item each day. I wish they had served pancakes but they did not have that option on any of the days we were there. Coffee and orange juice were brought to the table and the server offered us a to go cup for coffee at the end of each breakfast which was a nice touch. For dinner I had a Reuben sandwich with French fries, which was delicious and served with thousand island dressing on marble rye bread. Very nice atmosphere to relax and unwind at the end of the day!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This place is about location. The price you pay for the food you get is not worth it. We ate brunch here and the brunch buffet was a joke for the price.

LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at Riverfront Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am very sorry that you didn't find good value with our brunch buffet. We are always looking for ways to be better and would welcome a little more detail on what you felt was missing. Please contact me direct to discuss and maybe we can find a way to earn a five bubble review from you! Leslie.Thompson@Hilton.com Take Care!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here on a sunny Sunday. The atmosphere was comfortable and it was pleasant on the patio. The food was okay nothing special. The staff was pleasant. Overall it was a nice experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

How do you run out of plates when you are serving food? And there was a known quantity of us at the meeting.

Food was good. I enjoyed the Cesar salad. The crotons were real tasty but a little soggy from the dressing.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were staying at the Doubletree for a wedding so had breakfast in the Riverfront Grille two mornings. We thought the buffet was a bit pricey so we ordered off the menu. I had the basket of pastries the first morning- loved it!!! There was a muffin, two croissants, and two other pastries. The next morning, I had eggs, bacon, hash browns & toast- also, very good. There were alot of us, several tables had to be pushed together. The waitress was great, especially considering how many of us were there.

Been to Riverfront Grille? Share your experiences!