“Not bad at all for a hotel restaurant”
Review of Riverfront Grille

Riverfront Grille
Ranked #9 of 199 Restaurants in Bay City
Price range: USD 8 - USD 26
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Riverfront Grille at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bay City Riverfront, is the crown jewel of casual upscale dining in downtown Bay City. The relaxed atmosphere is great for everyday dining and all special occasions. Indulge in American and regional cuisine at our riverfront restaurant, featuring seasonal outdoor seating and spectacular views. Or relax in the evening with your favorite cocktail in our Riverfront Lounge featuring local microbrews and Michigan wines. The food and drink we offer meets the highest standards of quality, freshness and seasonal availability and combines both modern-creative and traditional styles of cooking.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The Double Tree is a very nice hotel, but i usually don't expect much from in-house dining in a chain hotel. The Riverfront Grille was a pleasant surprise in that regard. We ate dinner there one night. I had a really nice pork shank with a mild Asian marinade, served on a bed of polenta. My wife had a well-grilled piece of salmon served on a bed of salad. Both very well prepared and more imaginative than I would have thought. Portions are very generous. The wine list was not bad, either. Service was very attentive and cheerful. Plus, the breakfast bar in the mornings is far better than average hotel fare.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

had dinner here before a show in the Wenonah park( literally a 2 min walk to park) server recommended some dishes and we were alll very happy with her choices outdoor seating along the river for a great view too

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We went for a breakfast with a neighborhood group and the food was disappointing. The atmosphere, wait staff and gorgeous view were great!

Typically, the food is outstanding and a joy.

Management response:Responded 16 June 2017

Hi Denise,

I am sorry to hear about your recent visit to the Riverfront Grille.
We always strive to provide the best food and service. If you would like
to contact me personally to share your full experience please reach me at
tony.jeske@hilton.com or call 989-891-6000 and they will transfer you to my extension. Thank You!!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

The view of the Saginaw River and the staff of the Restaurant makes your breakfast, lunch, or dinner experience a great one!

Management response:Responded 13 May 2017

Thank You so much for giving us such a great review!!
We hope you visit us again soon!

Tony Jeske
Food & Beverage Director
Double Tree Hotel - Bay City Riverfront

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We patronize the Easter Buffet at the DoubleTree in Bay City every year. This year the food was amazing, as usual, in selection and quality. The service, however, left much to be desired. After taking our drink orders, we still had not received them 20 mins later. I asked another waitress to please check on our drinks, as I had not seen our waitress. Finally, our waitress brought our drinks, but without an apology that we had already eaten a plate of food without a beverage. To make matters worse, we never saw her after that. Our water carafe was empty, and our drink glasses were as well, but we never saw our waitress again until it was time to bring the check. I do not appreciate having a tip automatically applied for non-existent service. The only saving grace was that we were able to corner a manager who brought us more drinks. DoubleTree needs more attentive waitresses next year. (FYI - We were at the 2pm seating at table 13. Which by the way, was only set for 3 people, but our reservation was for 6 - which I saw the maitre d had correctly listed on her sheet. So we had to wait while they found chairs and set our table correctly.)

Management response:Responded 19 April 2017

Hi There,

First let me Thank You for joining us for our Easter Brunch each year!!
I am deeply sorry to hear that we let you down this year our goal is always to provide the best food and service. If you would like to contact me I would like to Make It Right for you.
Again, I truly appreciate your patronage for our Easter and Brunch and hope we can continue to earn your business.

Tony Jeske
Food & Beverage Director
Double Tree Hotel Bay City Riverfront
989-891-6000
tony.jeske@hilton.com

Been to Riverfront Grille? Share your experiences!