“Bland”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: 1/8 Mile south off of exit 160 next to the creek
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered the patty melt, it had no flavor at all. Worst one I have eaten and the waitress raved about it. When we walked in it looked like all the staff was huddled in the corner and no one acknowledged us. The portions are super small especially for the prices they charge. The only good thing about this place was it was super clean.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food is still very good. The fries are crispy and not greasy. We visit twice a month and are not disappointed. The waitresses have a problem smiling or greeting the customers so we do not expect it. They charge extra for a second helping of sour cream. The cherry vinaigrette salad dressing is VERY good. (tart). Too bad the down side of Berger's is the lack of smiles. Oh well, the food is good, when not greasy.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Our first visit here. Very clean dining area and rest rooms. The wait staff friendly and helpful. They have a full menu with a lot to choose from. We found that it was a bit pricey on some things, like their steak sandwich with an extra 40 cent surcharge to grill it! I ordered the bacon cheeseburger with fries. Burger was good but the portion of fries was about half a handful. My wife had the cod dinner. The portions were ample, and she said that it was very good! We will return there again, and hope to have a better report.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stopped here for some takeout as we were driving back home from a weekend in the upper Penisula of MI. The place had maybe five of it's approximately 35 tables occupied. We liked the idea of a "family" restaurant as that usually indicates to us comfort style food, tasty, quick in and out at reasonable prices.
Berger's was almost none of this. Wife and I both ordered the Lake Erie Perch Sandwiches with fries at $7.25. Fairly priced we thought and certainly enough to hold us off for a 5 hour car ride still in front of us.
Once we had the take out we planned on eating on the road to save as much time as possible. The perch was two very small fillets, deep fried, on a not fresh roll, a piece of lettuce and tomatoe. Some tarter sauce on the side and fries. The fish was obviously frozen and tasted as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp for quite some time. Ditto with the fries. Very bland and rubbery with that having been fried in old grease after taste. Needless to say, Neither my wife nor I finished what we ordered and stopped at a Panera about 20 miles up I75 and got some soup where at least we were assured of something palatable.
Anyway, I don't like to give out 1 stars but Berger's is definately a place to bypass.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My third time here and the Food is consistently fantastic. The service has always been good but this time it was a little slower than usual. Highly recommend the grilled cod.