“Beautiful muti-use park.”

Veterans Memorial Park
Ranked #13 of 41 things to do in Bay City
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Veterans Memorial Park sits on the Saginaw river and connects to a large walking trail. It hosts a few concerts in the summer, as well as The River Roar. It has a small marina. It's a great viewing area for the annual Bay City Fireworks which also has amusement rides during the fireworks 3 day festival. The walkway thru "Vets" park connects to baseball diamonds,and volleyball fields. Along the walkway in the park, near the marina, is an 18 hole miniature golf, ice cream and video game shop. There is also a Hooters restaurant.

All reviews
"walkway"
"stroll"
"pier"

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Gorgeous, large park on the western bank of the Saginaw River. Very nicely manicured lawns of green mounds and nice flower beds and serpentine walkways past lush willow tress. Prepare for a long healthy walk if you do the entire length and take in the views from the walking bridges out to the middle of the river and over to the island. A beautiful statement for Bay City!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

We have been Veterans Park before for the Bay City fireworks. Wenonah Park is much nicer. Overall we enjoyed our day at the Tall Ship Celebration. It was not as I thought. I felt like I was at an amusement park. You have to pay just to see the ships then pay more to stand in line to get on the ships. We wanted 3 hours tour thee ship of the celebration, the Galeon. It was one of the better tours. I toured all the ships beside the Viking ship because it was another 2 hour wait. I thought the ships' sails would be displayed but they weren't. I thought you could tour ships multiple times all weekend but you can't, only once. Some of the volunteers were extremely rude but others were friendly. The lines for the ships for set up odd. The celebration was extremely busy. Wish it came for more than a weekend. It would reduce some of the crowd. We had great weather. I don't know if I would return to the celebration in future years. Afterwards I felt, been there, done it.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We walked through Veterans Park during the 2016 Tall Ships Celebration, and the park was very busy but not overcrowded. We enjoyed walking over the Lafayette Street Bridge to get to the park, and enjoyed seeing the Huey medevac helicopter on display and the views of the river. Lots of shade was needed as it was a bright warm day and a cool breeze from the river helped.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Festival had lots of activities for everyone, especially families. Looked like they had several good food vendors, large playground for kids, chairs for sitting and accurate schedule of events. Would have helped to allow the golf cart drivers to transport a person with mobility restrictions. They said they were not allowed to transport people. A very nice lady did transport a disabled woman and my husband and who had knee replacement this summer. In 2019 the Tall Ship Festival should make some adjustments to help disabled people. Many wonderful volunteers and talented musical groups and performers. Thank you!