All reviews lake view boat trip cold beer lunch and dinner mosquito net national park great food low price rice paddies stayed here for two nights rooms are basic nice view cave hosts village homestay vietnam
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

For the last weekend, me and my friend decided to go Babe national park and it was really really beautiful and relaxing, and we stayed at this homestay. We just asking a travel agency in Hanoi to book it for us, bc this is our first time been there, but I think we had the best homestay in Babe, for sure. The accommodations of the homestay, obviously couldnt as perfect as a hotel, but it was perfect for us bc of the owners are very friendly, helpful and funny as well.
I want to spent this sentence to giving my compliments for the food at the homestay, so good. I couldnt stop eating it. Lovely.
Overall, this is a really good place for me. Thanks a lot for everything.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Stay 2 nights here. The view was great. Overlooking the rice paddies nd onto the lake. Clean room comfy bed. Clean toilet nd showers. The hosts were great. Helped out with a lake cruise. Great breakfast nd dinner. Also the odd shot of “happy water”. All up very pleasant stay. Thank you.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2018

(the accommodation and the food deserve 5 stars)

Even though this tour has some strong points, I personally would not recommend it.

Cons

On the first day they the minibus showed up in the pick-up point in Hanoi 30 minutes late. I waited from 7:15 to 7:45 am in the rain without receiving any calls from them (they called only 3 minutes before they arrived). I understand they can be late because other customers might have been late, however I think they should have warned me, so that I could have waited at home or in a coffee shop.

The schedule was changed due to bad weather from the first day, however I don’t really understand why as most activities were outdoors anyway.

Our tour guide was not very knowledgeable and gave us very limited information about the places we visited. I think he was very friendly, however he should try to be a bit more professional.

We didn’t do or given the option to do “rafting in the river”, even though this activity was included in the tour.

Last, we spent a lot of time in the minibus, which I understand because these tour covers places a bit distant from each other.

Pros

The accommodation and the food were amazing, and the driver was very professional and drove us safely. Some of the places we visited were unforgettable. The atmosphere amongst the visitors (7 of us) was very good and I could enjoy great conversations with them.

Disclaimer

I sent them my feedback and asked for a partial refund, because of the negative aspects pointed out before (late without call + not rafting offered to us + tour guide not being very knowledgeable). They invited me to go to the travel agent’s office, which I did. Once there the agent asked me to talk to the guide on the phone, and he sounded a bit annoyed about my complaint. He offered me a refund of $1 (US Dolar) and invited me to repeat the Ba Be tour for free.
Personally, I refused, not only because I had wasted my time being reasonable giving them feedback, going to the place and expending more than 30 minutes explaining why I wanted the refund, but also because I obviously didn’t want to repeat the same tour and think that 1 dolar is a ridiculous refund to offer.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AlbertoR3513
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We stayed 3 days in one of the private rooms overlooking one of the eating areas. The accomidation is basic but clean and perfectable exceptable for the money (See if you can bring an extra pillow or maybe request one). We found the host very friendly and the food was pretty good and plenty of it. We booked it through the babelakeview website and Viet was great at arranging everything. We had an amazing guide for some hikeing from the village, I would really reccomend that. Maybe not the best if your solo and not part of a group or a couple but it's well worth making the effert to get out there and see a bit of the countryside.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stooped for lunch as part of a 6 day bicycle trip up north. I loved the location. It was a treat to get off the road to this secluded spot. Food was wonderful. We took advantage of a boat trip on the lake before departing

Date of stay: December 2017