“Long Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ojibwa Casino Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baraga
Ojibwa Casino Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Baraga
Da UP of Michigan
“Long Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

Rooms were clean and fresh smelling. Check-in was fairly quick even w/a new girl being trained. Heard a dog barking near our room, I called front desk it was looked into
immediately and the dog was removed from the motel. The motel restaurant was fantastic!!! Breakfasts was fast and delicious! Waitresses were courteous and friendly.
We will return to this Motel/Casino again! Everyone we came in contact w/from casino
security to housecleaning staff, were kind and friendly. Our only concern w/this motel/casino, was that there were no signs within the hallways to direct you from place-
to-place. But overall a Great place to relax and enjoy!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed at the 4 Seasons Inn that is part of the Baraga Ojibwa Casino Hotel system. The staff was friendly and helpful, and our room was maintained in a very clean condition the five nights we were there. It was a great value for us.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spartan60
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

It is a really nice place to stay. The casino & hotel are right in the same building, and there are two restaurants on site. There is the buffet, and they also serve food at the sports bar. There are bowling lanes in the bar, an arcade, and much more. We enjoyed our stay and only had a few cons:

-Wireless internet messes up a lot, staff do not know how to fix
-Walls are thin so you can hear people in the hall very clearly
-And the beds are not very comfortable

But other than those, it's a nice place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank zc97
jib2000
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

This place is not very well maintained. it's dated, tacky and the staff gives you the impression that you're not welcome there. Getting a smile out of these people is like pulling teeth. In Marquette there is another casino, The Ojibwa II, I've been to both, The machines print tickets that you must take to the cashier to redeem for cash but many of the machines don't accept the tickets that they print also, many of the machines don't have sound making playing them boring. If these kind of malfunctions are so common here what happens if you win, when malfunctions void the jackpot? . I'm a local here and these problems have been going on for several months and the management seems to have no interest in fixing it. So if you like to change machines often plan on making several trips to the cashier because of the ticket problem. Kewadin is just a short drive away from the Marquette location, and is much better. Don't waste your time here.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jib2000

Travellers are raving about these Baraga hotels

Berkley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

We LOVED the Best Western Lakeside Inn!!!! The staff was excellent, very pleasant and helped us with anything we needed at anytime!! We came to Baraga for a funeral and originally stayed at the Ojibwa Casino in Baraga for 3 nights and cut it down to one night. I booked the reservation online and asked for early check in, because we were coming from 11 hours away. When we arrived we were told rooms 105 & 107 had not been cleaned yet and that we would have to wait. So we did, we went bowling and ate lunch at there resort and were told to check back in an hour, hour later rooms 105 & 107 still had no been cleaned yet. When I went back to the bowling area the bartender told us that the motel was less than half full and that there was no reason why we could not get into 2 rooms and get some rest. She made a call and sure enough a minute later the girl at the front desk was calling me to info us that rooms 105 & and 107 we ready. It was obvious she was not being honest when we check in, but we let it go. When we got into the rooms the smelled bad and the heavy cheap strawberry scent did not help it either. The rooms did not look like they did on the website, so those pictures must be the other motel they own, the beds were uncomfortable. Later that night we decided to go swimming and we were going to take my boyfriends 6 year old nephew with us in the pool and hot tub, thank god we did not. After sitting in the hot tub for 5 minutes our skin started to burn and the water looked and smelled funny. We go out and took showers and noticed that our bathing suits had been bleached, you could see the original color from where my straps were tied verses the new bleach color. Our skin felt very dry and filmy. We took two showers each before we went to the front desk to complain and our skin still hurt. When we go to the front desk the older lady had no idea how to contact the motel manager, so she called the casino manager and he spoke with us for but us he could do nothing and that there was no on to contact. Upset we walked over to the reservation police to report this issue, because it could have done some major damage to a little kids skin, I wanted to be paid for my new bathing suit and we wanted out money back (we paid $400 upfront in cash) the casino manager would not give it back. We walked back to the motel and the casino manager was on the phone with the manager so we stopped and listened because he did not know I was there. Earlier in the day when we checked in I was questioning the price because I thought it was $10 less a room a night, but informed the manager I was wrong and was sorry. However, when we were standing there listening to the conversation the casino manager was repeating what the other manager was saying. They we making it sound like I was one of those guest that always gas a problem and is trying to get something for free and that perhaps I made this up and did something myself to get money from them??? I walked over to the casino manager while he was on the phone and raised my voice and corrected them. I also asked him why he lied and said that there was no one to talk to at 11pm when he was talking right after he thought we walked away. We decided we were getting no where and went to sleep. Then our phone rings, it the manager wanting to do a water test in front of us…so they did and of course it comes out ok….they took a sample of water and went into a back room and test it…why didn’t they do it in front of us? They told us there was nothing wrong and did not have any care as to why our skin was burning or why our suits drastically changed color. The next morning we talked to the ordinal manager that accused me of starting problems out of nothing. He kept avoiding that facts and danced around everything. I had told the man the night before that we had a terrible experience there and wanted to leave and that there entire staff was rude…so he brought that up instead so I told him that he was rude to telling someone I was trying to get something for free and makings things up and for not caring about the guest and that the girl that check us in lied about the rooms and also insulted my boyfriends family to the point where she said she was sorry and hopes she did not insult him and asked him not to tell his family, but of course he did!! After 15 minutes of fighting and not admitting fault they gave us a complete refund when all we were asking for was the remaining nights and one room to be comped, but they did both, I said thank you for paying for my bathing suit and walked away and he tried correcting me that he was not. As we were walking out the manager was then telling me that call hotels and you can get cheaper rates, as if I did all of this because I felt like we were paying too much or something, it was just very rude and insulting!!! Our main problem with them was that they just did not care about what there water did to us, everyone else we told, guests, family members, people the Best Western all showed concern when I showed them my bikini expect this motel. The website claims it is a "resort" but even the manager admitted he was running a motel and that they are not really responsible for anything that happens to there "guests". DO NOT STAY AT THE OJIBWA CASINO!! We stayed 3 nights at the Best Western Lakeside and it was wonderful!!!!! For the little extra money it cost, it is very worth it!!!!, There pool was great!!! This truly is the best place to stay in Baraga unless you stay at a bed and breakfast!!

I will attach a picture of bathing suit when I get home

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank smoses
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraga
1.6 km away
4.8 km away
Carla's Inn
Carla's Inn
#3 of 4 in Baraga

Been to Ojibwa Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!