“Fabulous”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The Cafe Assisi has been consistent, excellent quality. Perfect for lunch with men and women. Portions are more than you can imagine. Delicious

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

On our trip to Wrentham outlet shopping. We decided not to compromise in eatingfast food to save time for our shopping, we decided to visit cafe Assisi, an Italian cafe that my daughter visited a couple of years ago. Environment, cosy, and family oriented atmosphere. Service slow, cafe not busy. Have to ask for menu, ice water, bread! Fortunately, the food was good. The cottage cheese with Parma ham was excellent. Nice aromatic balsamic vinegar, olive oil with black olive was a perfect concoction of taste. The deep fried calamari rings was also good. The compliment of arugula and spicy pickles was a great compliment together with the calamari rings. The calamari pasta was good. The marinara sauce was light with a sweet aroma of the spices. The butter squash ravioli was excellent. The cheese ravioli is a disappointment. The ravioli portion was huge and the each cheese ravioli has a triple portioning of the fillings of cheese. It’s too cheesy and heavy. After eaten two ravioli, you cannot eat anymore further! The only setback on this restaurant is the service. Bread n butter were not served! Service staff served with a stern face and not friendly. One caution, the food portion from appetizer to main course of this restaurant is huge. The Italian lady service staff did not cautioned us and we end up with takeaways which is not ideal for tourists travellers

1  Thank Nicholas O
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This place has good vibe with small tables spaced very close to each other for half of the restaurant and a bar on the other half. It’s a little noisy but not enough to ruin conversations. There is no pretentiousness here, just rustic Italian cooking, no fancy dishes and decor with the food. However if you are looking to have a decent meal at a vibrant location, this is it. I had some calamari for starters that were fried just right. For the main I ordered the veal cacciatore and it was average, though it was placed on the capellini which were over cooked and mushy. The portions are above average in size.
For dessert I had a cannoli with as per the mean included a generous amount of ricotta cream and it was true!
The service was quick, pleasant and to the point.

1  Thank Gino B
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had the calamari lunch dish, and the vegetable pizza. The calamari was tender and generous while the pizza crust was well prepared. But Both dishes had their sauce tasting overly sweet. Why add all that sugar to the sauce? The calamari dish was also overly saucy, and the proportion pasta to calamari was not right.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I sat at the bar and ate alone; traveling on business. Most all the dishes are served over pasta, with no option to replace pasta with mashed potatoes or any kind of potatoes; but one can replace pasta with spinach, brocolli rabe or mixed vegetables. I had the Veal Sorrentino with spinach on the side. To the good I would say the portions were generous, the red sauce was delicious and the spinach was good. For my taste, I dont really enjoy when the food is bathed in sauce and cheese because the flavor of the mushrooms and procciutto and the veal gets lost, which is how my meal was prepared and looked similar to other plates around the restaurant. The service was good and the food came out quickly. I also had a ceaser salad which was good, but not spectacular. I enjoyed my meal and would go back just not right away.

Been to Cafe Assisi? Share your experiences!