“Crepes of all kinds in a beautiful setting ”
Review of Maison De manger

Maison De manger
Ranked #72 of 611 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I love old mills. I love red brick. I love wide wooden floor beam, I adore crepes, and so when all of these elements come together I was very happy to have visited Maison De Manger.
The owner clearly has put a lot of time, passion and energy in making the restaurant have a certain feel. It's rustic, country and has elements of old world meets modern in a single large open plan, high ceiling room.
Upon entry there are 2 large chalkboards which likely are updated per season or as needed to reflect the offerings available on the 'menu' for that day.
There is a good cross section of savory crepes for those who eat meat, and for vegetarians, however, for the most pickiest of eaters I found it difficult to find anything on the savory menu. I don't eat cheese, nor olives, but love vegetables of all kinds, and so a mushroom sause with julienne vegetables would have been ideal, but was not to be.
My wife enjoyed a chicken salad crepe. I went with plain crepes. I was a little surprised that there was no lemons in the restaurant which in every other crepe place I have been to in the world, especially in Europe is the norm, but no big deal.
The crepes themselve are good. Nice texture, taste and moisture content.
Drinks are available both cold and hot. A self service coffee station is in effect.
The hostess was very friendly, warm and inviting however I wonder if the restraunt wouldn't do more business with waiters employed to deliver menus to the table rather than ordering off the board. I could imagine if several couples or groups arrived at one time it may be problematic, but food arrived quickly once ordered , delivered to the table.
The restaurant had a singer playing guitar solo who had a fine voice, the levels perfectly tuned for the space.
I really liked this place and was happy to see a good ebb and flow of business while there.
I'm a nightmare due to the limits of my palette but I'd be happy to go here again and again with foodies as I am sure they'd welcome the delicate tastes that seem hand picked with care.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

From crepes, soups, salads, and desserts the food is exquisite. The atmosphere allows for a lingering dining experience over dessert crepes or cookies. Chicken pot pie crepe is a family favorite. Alcohol is not served, but diners may bring their own bottle of wine if they choose to do so. If you're looking for a charming place to meet with friends, this is it !!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

The interior is old but still pleasant. Kept that old world charm, brick walls and beams.
The seating, very creative table from a sewing machine stand. Yes, we sat there!
The crepes with filings, genius! I had the cheese burger with three cheese's. Coffee bar had refills, in a glass mug....Great place to visit, a must!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

What a gem. Search it out when you are in the area. Closed on Sunday and Monday. Amazing food. Great people. A sweet atmosphere. Live music. An eclectic menu...try something new.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Greatness is what you will see, hear and eat at this establishment! A friendly atmosphere for adults and children. Be sure to try the caprese crepes, it is one of my favorites!