“Our favorite!”

West Side Steak & BBQ
Ranked #76 of 633 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Had a lot of BBQ in and out of the state. This is within the top three overall and #1 in Central Mass for use. Very friendly staff. Good for catering as well. We usually stick to ribs and chicken just because those are are normal preferences.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Totally love this place. The staff was friendly, and it's such a great atmosphere to eat. And I'd just like to say, and maybe this is not a popular opinion but their wings are amazing; probably just as much as the BBQ. Nonetheless, I love most of their menu and would go again a 100%

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Informal neighborhood spot for BBQ featured a warm, friendly staff, reasonable prices and a nice selection of sides to accompany great ribs and pulled pork. Cole slaw is good, onion rings solid. Nice place to hang out and support a hardworking staff and have a very good casual meal.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We found this place by accident late last year, and decided to try it again this past weekend, trying to take advantage of the warming weather. Two of us had the usual - pulled pork and brisket, and I had the St. Louis BBQ ribs. I was expecting something completely different, as their fare was usually good before, but boy was I disappointed. Sure, the ribs were hot (unlike that health hazard, Wes's RibHouse in Onlyville, RI), but they had a funny taste and looked like they had been boiled. Not wanting to convey my dissatisfaction to the owner/waitress, a charming lady, I reluctantly ate this slop. To add insult to injury, when I asked for 2 more of her microscopic corn breads, I noticed we had been charged $1.00/ea for these demitasse hordovers. No more for me, obligado!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Aroma of BBQ greets you in this simple, small (about 20 seats) restaurant with an active take-out business also. Pulled pork is excellent, with full flavor, a hint of spiciness, and quality meat.

We went with grandchildren 5 and 8, who were very well attended to. The TV monitor miraculously changed from Spanish programming to Curious George in English soon after our arrival. Service is gregarious, prompt and helpful.

I suspect that lunch hour is a busy time for them. Reasonable prices, excellent value.

[I rate stars comparing my experience versus what the establishment purports to be... a great hot dog stand is a 5, a haute cuisine place that disappoints might be a 3]

Date of visit: December 2016