“BBQ cravings satisfied!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We had a craving for barbecue and found Smokestack. First good news: free parking lot next door! We arrived shortly after opening and were greeted prompted and warmly. Started with iced tea that tasted like real iced tea. Then the fun!

We ordered the honey-habanero chicken wings. Out came a platter of a dozen huge wings hot from the kitchen with their homemade buttermilk ranch sauce on the side. We wolfed them down. Extra bonus: wings are half price on Monday.

Then our entrees, pulled pork and a half a (huge) rack of pork ribs. None of the entrees are sauced but three homemade sauces are on the table so you can take your pick.

There were big chunks of pulled pork and perfect ribs. Delicious sides included collard greens, apple coleslaw and a great cucumber salad. (They have other sides too.). A big square piece of fresh cornbread finished off the plate.

We took home what we couldn’t finish but forced ourselves to wrap up this great meal with a plate of five fresh hot beignets with their own chocolate sauce. Service was friendly and attentive and the music funky and fun. For beer drinkers we counted 24 beers on draft.

This is a great spot and we will definitely go back. Try it!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This was our first visit to SUB - we thought the ambiance was great. Really made you feel like you were in a smokehouse and you could smell the food from the street. It had restaurant, bar and outside dining options. We ate at the outside bar under a canopy. The service was friendly and quick! We are big BBQ fans and thought the food was very good - loved the pulled pork, corn bread and fried pickles. The chili was not so great. All in all a great visit - we'll be back!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Driving from New Hampshire to New Jersey and looking for great food and reasonable prices. Viewed many positive reviews on Trip Advisor for Smoke Stack Urban BBQ so we gave it a go. Everything we had was delicious. We were in a hurry so we got take-out. We were in and out in 20 minutes. The grilled blackened catfish tacos were incredible. The BBQ Mac N Cheese was so good I did not want to see the bottom of the bowl. And the veggie chilli was so filling and flavorful.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We where a large group from NYC celebrating my husband birthday. Restaurant was super accommodating and service was 5 stars. Love the fried pickles, chicken wings were great, but the star of the night was the ribs taste like bacon amazing.

Very good BBQ, next time I am in town definitely a must do.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

This place is ok. I eat here when friends want to but I never choose to on my own. The food is ok. There is a lot of it. The service is friendly. Im not fond of the seating inside and the feel of the place. I guess it reminds me of those cheap cafe type places in the south where I'm from. I get the whole southern feel barbecue places are going for but at least in those places the barbecue is excellent. They have better barbecue at that little deli at Pleasant Market. Plus you can bring whatever kind of alcohol you want and drink it there. Need to stop at the liquor store? There's one right next door.

Date of visit: May 2018